Home

Pass protect offensive line shifts?

This is a discussion on Pass protect offensive line shifts? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Pass protect offensive line shifts?

I love doing these and I think they work extremely well this year and better than any other year....... I have 2 questions tho...

1. Do they have any affect what so ever if you call a shift on a run play?

2. If you shift to the right and they blitz from the left does it make you pay for that more than if you didn't shift at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Zeffy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass protect offensive line shifts?

1. Honestly dont think so, I like to believe that they help them "target" an otherwise unblocked player, but haven't really noticed a difference otherwise.

2. Yes, oh lord yes. You will get annihilated and watch as your RT blocks nobody and your LT watch three people pass by him helplessly. :P Do not touch it unless you really think its bad. I would rather audible the HB to a quick swing to have a check-down if the LBs blitz or keep him in to pass protect. Sliding works really well if you're right and really bad if you're wrong. Changing the HB's route is much safer.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pass protect offensive line shifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
1. Honestly dont think so, I like to believe that they help them "target" an otherwise unblocked player, but haven't really noticed a difference otherwise.

2. Yes, oh lord yes. You will get annihilated and watch as your RT blocks nobody and your LT watch three people pass by him helplessly. :P Do not touch it unless you really think its bad. I would rather audible the HB to a quick swing to have a check-down if the LBs blitz or keep him in to pass protect. Sliding works really well if you're right and really bad if you're wrong. Changing the HB's route is much safer.

....Thank you....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »