Home

Player Ratings Change When You Enter CFM?

This is a discussion on Player Ratings Change When You Enter CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3
Player Ratings Change When You Enter CFM?

Why when I start a CFM with the Bills, the players' ratings dramatically change from what they are normally? Before I create a CFM, Kiko Alonso is a 88 ovr but in CFM he is a 79???? I play with "no pre existing injuries" and have tried using both default CFM rosters and the most up to date rosters....both result in lower ratings for players. AND I can't edit Kiko after getting into the CFM so that he has what his rating should be. Is it because Kiko is injured for the year in real life?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Player Ratings Change When You Enter CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golds
Why when I start a CFM with the Bills, the players' ratings dramatically change from what they are normally? Before I create a CFM, Kiko Alonso is a 88 ovr but in CFM he is a 79???? I play with "no pre existing injuries" and have tried using both default CFM rosters and the most up to date rosters....both result in lower ratings for players. AND I can't edit Kiko after getting into the CFM so that he has what his rating should be. Is it because Kiko is injured for the year in real life?
Because the coach's scheme & said players fit into that scheme are taken into account once you start CFM. If a player doesn't match the coach's scheme you'll have a ratings drop.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 09-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Golds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Because the coach's scheme & said players fit into that scheme are taken into account once you start CFM. If a player doesn't match the coach's scheme you'll have a ratings drop.
So if I do an Owner's CFM and all the real coaches are on the staff, the players suddenly don't fit into the scheme? Including a 10 point ovr drop with Kiko? that seems stupid lol.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Change the player type in your scheme that is more in line with his skills. Plus, wasn't he moved to OLB from MLB (or at least that was what they were planning)? If your OLB is set to a push rusher or something that could explain his lower ratings. You can set this manually yourself by selecting the player type the OVR rating is based on for that position.

I'm not super familiar with the Bills that is why I am asking, but I would have to think that if you change your scheme his rating will go up.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am using the Panthers but when I look at other teams rosters he shows up as a high 80's (maybe 88-89?) with my scheme. I'm using a Base 4-3 defense and "Prototype" for that particular position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Golds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Change the player type in your scheme that is more in line with his skills. Plus, wasn't he moved to OLB from MLB (or at least that was what they were planning)? If your OLB is set to a push rusher or something that could explain his lower ratings. You can set this manually yourself by selecting the player type the OVR rating is based on for that position.

I'm not super familiar with the Bills that is why I am asking, but I would have to think that if you change your scheme his rating will go up.
How do you change the player type? Is it right in the edit player screen?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
How do you change the player type? Is it right in the edit player screen?
Player Type can't be changed per-player. The desired Player Type for your team can be changed, and that's what birth179 is referring to.

Inside of Connected Franchise mode while playing as a Coach or an Owner, go to Team Roadmap > Schemes.

You will be presented with a long list of options - first for Team offensive and defensive schemes (one for each). Pick the type which best fits what kind of offense and defense you'd like to play. These two settings will affect player progression; any players on your roster whose scheme setting matches your team's offensive or defensive scheme will have upgrade costs for mental attributes such as AWR and PRC reduced (simulating that the player is a "good scheme fit" and develops in your particular scheme quickly).

The remaining options are for player scheme settings for your team. For each position, select the type of player you'd like to have at the position. Note when changing the first available option for each position (i.e. Wide Receiver 1), the OVR rating calculation for that position is changed for your team. For example, if you change your team's Quarterback scheme setting from Pocket Passer to Mobile, the OVR rating calculation will change to give boosts to any QB with high SPD / ACC / ELU / other ballcarrier ratings and reduce the OVR of any QB who does not have great ratings in those categories.

Note that none of these settings affect individual player ratings during individual games; the players will always play according to their individual ratings on the field. These settings are all used for purposes of team development.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The OVR changes because he doesn't fit the scheme your coach has for MLB or OLB or wherever he is playing. His actual ratings all stay the same the OVR fluctuates based off what ratings determine the player scheme. It will have no effect on how he plays on the field. Schemes are just a simpler way to sign free agents and scout. OVR's are the most overrated rating in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »