Home

Bubble Screens

This is a discussion on Bubble Screens within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bubble Screens

How many yards to bubble screens average in the NFL? I'm assuming if they were high yardage plays, they'd be run more often. The fact is, you have to have a defense setup perfectly for you bubble screen to work.

You will break big bubble screens if you have a good blocking WR, in maybe a cover 3 blitz, you'll only have to beat the safety.

Vs man, or even zone (lined up over the target WR), its much tougher, there's no time for the D to spread out or get away from the WR, so it gets stuffed.

Also don't wait for the camera to pan out (if it does) from your play action, throw it as soon as he gets in his bubble, right before the blocking WR engages.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 09-20-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

My tip to having success with a bubble screen?

Never ever call it at the playcall screen. Never.

It should be an audible and you would check to it when you have a numbers advantage.

Next ask yourself what constitutes a successful bubble screen? for me it is anything bigger than 3 yards. A bubble screen is typically not a big gain type of play. It is a quick hitter that is used to force the D to come up (er...or down). If you want big play potential, go to the WR screen.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveredge96
Hey have any of you guy been able to get bubble screens to work this year? I've been trying but it seems like the receiver goes too far back from the line of scrimmage. Any tips?
For me they work best when i see a zone. The second I drop back I look at the DB if he drops back I throw the screen, if he steps up I throw the ball away or I thorw it to another receiver.

When its a zone i get very good yardage at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
How many yards to bubble screens average in the NFL? I'm assuming if they were high yardage plays, they'd be run more often. The fact is, you have to have a defense setup perfectly for you bubble screen to work.

You will break big bubble screens if you have a good blocking WR, in maybe a cover 3 blitz, you'll only have to beat the safety.

Vs man, or even zone (lined up over the target WR), its much tougher, there's no time for the D to spread out or get away from the WR, so it gets stuffed.

Also don't wait for the camera to pan out (if it does) from your play action, throw it as soon as he gets in his bubble, right before the blocking WR engages.
Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen a bubble screen in the NFL, at least the way Madden has it drawn up.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Relax Jedi Master. Just helping out some of us laymen Madden folk. I would never think of teaching you.
And to be clear, I wasn't attacking you, I was merely thinking of people who may not know the difference between a "WR Screen" and a "Bubble Screen." And since this thread is about the Bubble and you were writing about the WR Screen, I thought it best to clarify...

You never know when someone will come on here and not know all that you or I know... so when threads like this emerge, I think of them and how to make the thread as simple to understand as possible.

Call it the coach in me... but I believe in keeping things simple if you can. No offense was intended and I sincerely hope you didn't take it that way.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:15 AM   #14
Rookie

Spoiler
Old 10-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #15
Rookie

carlito1171's Arena

I've never really had luck completing bubble screens in Madden, but in this year's game I can't even complete a basic screen pass from under center. Automatic sack! I can only run screens from shotgun and that's frustrating as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

My only issue with bubble screens, is that if you notice it doesn't count as "receiving yards". Everytime I use the WR bubble screen it gives the WR I threw to "Rushing yards" for the yards he gained on the play, instead of giving him Receiving yards & my QB throwing yards.

Anyone else having this issue? I realize that a WR is sometimes behind my QB when he throws it, but the system treats it like a very long pitch and acts like I just rushed the ball instead of treating it as a pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »