Home

Game Prep

This is a discussion on Game Prep within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Game Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjbrand
I have:

M. Jones-Drew (85)... age 29
D. McFadden (75)... age 27
Dri Archer (73)... age 23
De'Anthony Thomas (73)... age 21

NOTE: Dri Archer is my starter; Thomas is my backup... I love spppppeeeed baby.

On another note, in Week 2's Game Prep I was able to get the Develop HB option... figures hahah. So I guess I can't replicate the issue anymore
Yeah there goes that theory lol.

Its just buggy. I got frustrated cause I had two LBs I wanted to develop. Come the bye week I was happy that I could run both of them through drills. Then the tackling drill was not available.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #18
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

It's just sloppy, embarrassing work by the people working on the CFM modes. I don't understand how they can feel alright about releasing the game with their menus like this. The menu system is not really a big deal, but it does highlight a bigger issue. We want all the bigger issues dealt with, but things that should take ten minutes to correct can't even get done.

L2: Confidence, Experience, Drills........................R2: Positions

One game prep page, with the ability to cycle through training exercises and by position.

I am having a great time playing the games, but I would be ashamed to have my name on the credits for the CFM modes.

Last edited by kcchiefs1984; 09-23-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Alignment of text
Old 09-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Who are the running backs on your roster? What are their ages?
I am starting to think that the options in the gameprep menu are a function of your roster. I drafted two WRs in my last draft and in gameprep there are now more pages of develop promising WR. Same for CB. Both of my centers are over 30 and there is no option to develop my center.
You were right the first time and right with this post. I notice that you will have slightly different options on bye weeks, and in post season it tends to only offer it for what the game thinks is your worst 1-3 positions. Preseason may also be slightly different or slightly more options.

But it is most definitely a function of your roster and it is not all random. It depends on how young the players are, what their development ratings are, etc. I have done it long enough now to know this is how it works (simmed a season and played almost 2 more now). I'm not saying there aren't situations here or there that don't make sense, like I said on bye weeks the options seem a bit different, and in the post season. But I'm convinced it's not a bug at all and is all be design.

Last edited by burth179; 09-23-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
You were right the first time and right with this post. I notice that you will have slightly different options on bye weeks, and in post season it tends to only offer it for what the game thinks is your worst 1-3 positions. Preseason may also be slightly different or slightly more options.

But it is most definitely a function of your roster and it is not all random. It depends on how young the players are, what their development ratings are, etc. I have done it long enough now to know this is how it works (simmed a season and played almost 2 more now). I'm not saying there aren't situations here or there that don't make sense, like I said on bye weeks the options seem a bit different, and in the post season. But I'm convinced it's not a bug at all and is all be design.
I think it is a combination of both. In my experience postseason only had options for confidence. Makes sense.
But I don't know why the LB tackling drill would not be available during my bye week. I would not understand the design decision behind that.

Another thing, I could have sworn that at some point in year 1 I saw a user catch drill for WRs. I have not seen it since (currently week 5 of season 3).
Old 09-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
Banned

Personally, I kinda like how slowly we can gain Xp depending on the coach. I don't think you should be able to build a stud in a season. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #22
Rookie

There are rookies that come right in and are dominant players in the NFL. Probably not 1 on each team but there are some. The game cannot just *make* a dominant rookie, he has to have stats that make him one, so it may be the best way the game can create one.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #23
Banned

It's not perfect and will leave out items it thinks aren't important to your team. I think there are always more options in weeks 1-4 than later in the season. All and all I prefer this progression setup with confidence included. Then a guy can't sit for 2 years and get built up without taking a snap or forcing the team to make choices between players impacting both the long and short term.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 1

I do 32 team control so I can progress the CPU qb's and this must be a coaching staff thing. I cannot get XP for the following teams qb's Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Saints. The has been the case regardless of the week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »