Home

Game Prep

This is a discussion on Game Prep within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #25
Rookie

saybur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game Prep

After an entire season with a rookie SS with quick development on my team, I haven't been able to do game prep on him one single time. The "Develop promising SS" has never been there. I also have Tyvon Branch(85 OVR) and haven't had "Develop starting SS" either.

This has to be broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
After an entire season with a rookie SS with quick development on my team, I haven't been able to do game prep on him one single time. The "Develop promising SS" has never been there. I also have Tyvon Branch(85 OVR) and haven't had "Develop starting SS" either.

This has to be broken.
Did you check under both earn XP and recommended activities?
Did you check game drills for ballhawk and tackle drills for the DB group?
Old 09-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #27
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Here's what I've noticed over the course of a few different CFMs I've done (mostly fantasy draft) -

Your star players (rated 85+) are typically the ones that can be given game prep. When you cycle through all of the available game prep options you will inevitably see many of the same position listed. This is because the game will, for some odd reason, show game prep development for the number of players you have at that given position. So if you have 4 RBs, then you'll see it 4 times. Also, QB/RB/WR always seem to show up no matter how low your starters are.

The way it SHOULD work is actually quite simple.

* Each position group should have a limited number of hours to allot per player/activity. The activities should include all of the activities that M15 has, but they should be spread out among your entire team... meaning you should be able to do scrimmages, film study, position practice, and concept practice for EVERYONE.

* You should also be able to set how you want the reps split (ie 75% 1st string, 10% 2nd string, 5% 3rd string) and there should be a minimum requirement so that you are not just pumping everything into your top players.

* All of this should be able to easily set up one time and until you change it, should continue to remain the same over the course of the season. You should also, however, be able to change this at a given notice before you run through practices...

* You should also have to run the practice BEFORE being able to play your game.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #28
Just started!

For me whenever its missing under the get XP part its always there under the drills part.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #29
Rookie

Has anyone figured out any answers or solutions to this issue? I am facing this exact same problem in my online CFM with Denver where the only offensive line position available to earn XP is LG.

The odd part of it is that in our first season, I could only develop RTs on the line. I drafted a RT in the early 2nd round with slow development and kept my RT from the first season, but now I can only develop my LG (who remain unchanged from the first season).

Needless to say, I am fairly frustrated in my inability to develop offensive linemen as that was one critical area for me to address in the off-season. If anyone has found any fixes, suggestions, workarounds, etc., I'd really appreciate your input.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #30
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Still trying to figure out game prep, I'm getting a ton less exp than last year in CFM.
Yeah does anyone have a guide for maximizing this? It seems like developing a player involves nearly all of your effort, and that means that somehow you are completely ignoring the remainder of the team.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #31
Rookie

Hey guys I need some help with Developing a rookie Rb with Superstar Trait I got in the draft. He has some low stats in key areas such as about a 55 in ball carrying 89 speed every thing else says he can be a AP type of back tucking and stiff arm is high and same voes for agi and acc.
Now we get to where im stuck how effective is player consistency stat? Currently its at 80 should I increase it more or start focusing on his stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 02:18 AM   #32
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

Consistency really only affects how many points you gain from game prep activities. 80 is high enough, put the points into carrying, then the likes run moves you like. For me it's elusiveness, ball carrier vision, trucking and stiff arm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »