Home

Giving Up A Big Play Every Game?

This is a discussion on Giving Up A Big Play Every Game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Giving Up A Big Play Every Game?

I'm sure there was one penalty but there was a number of sacks too. It was a couple of 3rd and longs that annoyed me most. The CPU guys were tackled about 2 or 3 yards short each time but somehow found the strength to power past the remaining yardage while being grappled by a couple of my defence. This was on pro difficulty too. I never can relax even with a decent lead when playing the CPU. I've been in 4 onside kick attempts since playing the CPU and they have recovered 3! I suppose thats why I keep playing as I know each game will be close. Sometimes i'm allowed back into a game while losing by a couple of scores by my team seemingly making some impossiple catches and waltzing through the defence.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
Same game, which was actually the best game I've played since the very first game, had my stats skewed by 1 play: 80-yard passing TD on a slant vs Man. I put my 91 Press/87 Man rookie in press coverage on the play and... he didn't press. He didn't go through any animation whatsoever resembling a beat press or anything like that on the play. He just started a backpedal and followed 5 yards behind the WR (reason I pressed--and shaded inside, too--was because I actually thought the slant was coming). It wasn't a bunch or tight formation either--it was 11 personnel, TE and Slot right, HB next to QB on the left. Ryan Mallett (their QB in year 2--I have Carson Palmer, ironically) finished 25/43 354 3 TD 4 INT in a game where I otherwise had a great defensive battle: outside of that 1 play, I held them to 291 yards and only had 250 myself. Won the game, though, 28-21 after Mallett threw his 4th INT.
Just a query really but what was the awareness of the rookie? I'm just thinking that a low AWR defender will have the chance to bust the playcall and do the wrong thing, this happens in real life so could he have not got the adjustment to press and shade inside therefore leaving himself open to the big play?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by awelsh
I find the game is scripted. No matter what play you try the CPU will find a waypast your defence. (If you're playing offline obviously). It seems whenever their offence audibles they'll make the play. This is the first Madden i've played for a number of years but it's not me but theCPU who cheeses now! I had an offence who had 25 plays for 52 yards and scoring a touchdown.
I have noticed a few one off of moments where it seemed scripted. One was benefit for me when I returned a kickoff for a TD, and the other was the CPU breaking a long TD run. I won't say that it was, but it seemed like in these plays the runners had an extra gear that they normally don't have.

However, I highly doubt the 25 play/52 yard TD drive happened. I find that to be damn near impossible, especially in Madden. It would have to be aided by penalties (which rarely occur in madden) and probably multiple 4th down conversions (the CPU rarely goes for it on 4th and short), etc. That is barely above 2 yards per play, to get a first down in 3 plays the CPU would have to average 3.33 per play under "normal" circumstance.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »