Home

How to Rebuild Five of the NFL's Worst Franchises in Madden 15

This is a discussion on How to Rebuild Five of the NFL's Worst Franchises in Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I would add one:

New York Jets:

- Move on from Geno Smith, you need a QB who isn't a turnover machine. Find a young QB in the draft or trade for one of the young backups that could be starters.
- Find a young RB, Chris Ivory will never be a top RB in this league he is a solid #2 guy or an injury fill in but you need a young franchise RB that can carry this team on it's back when you need to. Stevan Ridley will be a free agent next year, he runs a lot like Curtis Martin did...
- The Jets have one of the best front 7's in football but that secondary is a continued work in progress.
- Eric Decker at best is a #2 WR in this league who can occasionally put up #1 numbers but outside of him it is barebones at WR.
As a Jets fan I agree with this one hundred percent. I'm starting to think that Geno can't go four weeks without throwing a pick. Decker is a number 2 receiver on a good elite team so you hit that mark point blank. Ivory right now is good but future wise we do need to get a legit number 1 back that can be a franchise back for the next 10 years. With me when I start mines with the Jets i'm doing a whole house cleaning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #26
Rookie

aceinthehole12's Arena

OVR: 3
Rebuilding in Madden is one of my favorite things to do. I have one with the Jags and the first three years were bad but years 4-6 were great and ended in one Super Bowl. I know it's a game but it felt good.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:59 AM   #27
Rookie

aceinthehole12's Arena

OVR: 3
Rebuilding in Madden is one of my favorite things to do. I have one with the Jags and the first three years were bad but years 4-6 were great and ended in one Super Bowl. I know it's a game but it felt good.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:01 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
Yeah, um, did you even look at McFadden's Attributes? In real life he sucks. But in Madden McFadden has been one of the most dominant backs in the game for a few years now. This year he has fallen off a bit but his attributes are still elite and easily make him one of the most universal backs in the game, if not the most. I agree about Carr and the defense. But McFadden (and Reece) are still huge focal points for that offense.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #29
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How to Rebuild Five of the NFL's Worst Franchises in Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
You're right, speed kills but I'd still get rid of McFadden

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
Most people - including the Raiders themselves - just don't know how to use McFadden. As an NFL RB the most games he's ever played in one year is 13 - he seems to average around 7 per year due to injury.

I moved him to receiver - kept him listed as a RB - but sub him in as a WR, and with his size, speed and hands, good luck finding a DB that can contain him. He totally dominated in every CFM that I did with him in that way and he played all 16 games since he's not getting pounded by 300+ pound linemen or LBers.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #30
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuxer
It's the age old adage: Winning cures all.

If you're winning, your stadium is full and you can charge higher ticket prices so you have a lot of money rolling in.

If you take over a bad team and lose, the opposite of this is true. That's when you have no money to do anything.
So how is a small market team not winning games and thus not making money a bug?

A team like the jags has a lot of cap space so the available funds thing is how an issue (cut down on the bonus and weight it in the salaries until your are able to start upping the bonus offerings). Don't know about other teams. Regardless it doesn't sound like a bug. I would say the available funds one should start with in the case of a created owner is absurdly low even for the Moguls (which IMO is the best type of owner to select), or wouldn't be if bonuses were divied out over the course of the contact and not immediately taken out. But that's not a bug that's a questionable game design choice on their part.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #31
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
It's sort of hard to rebuild any of these teams when playing as an owner is completely unplayable right now.

You can play as a coach but that's not sufficient for people who like to really sign players, watch them develop, draft players vs. signing vets, make decisions on players, etc.
How is that not sufficient?? As a coach you still have to work with a salary cap, still get to sign players, develop them, draft them/sign vets and make decisions on players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #32
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
bad advice for raiders, do not move on from mcfadden. It is a video game, you can increase his injury rating. Also, at the end of the season you can sign him for cheap on a long term deal, he is only like 26 or 27. That is an high 70s rated RB with 95 speed.

This isn't the real NFL, it is a video game and in madden speed kills.
RB's are a dime a dozen in Madden, rather than spend time and effort to increase his injury rating I can trade him for a low draft pick, draft his replacement and spend that time working on him. Or I can sign any number of veteran backups for short money that already have a high injury rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »