Home

fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet?

This is a discussion on fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet?

im very familiar with the game... in fact my sliders for this years game are doing very well in the forums...however....even after the tuning update....the one thing that keeps making me shut off the game midgame is sacks...

anytime i blitz....i get a sack....anytime the cpu throws a screen pass (like 10 times a game) i sack them....

and even when i dont blitz....the cpu qb will just hold on to the ball until he eventually gets sacked....

even when i dont control anyone and put my controller down...i get sacks...

i cant have fun like this...i thought the tuner was supposed to fix this...but it hasnt...at least for me...

i have cpu pass block at 99...

ive tried qb accuracy in the 40's...ive tried it in the 60's....nothing seems to help....

so please for the Love of God if anyone has a fix for cpu sacks in a slider that i am missing somewhere please tell me....i want to play this game...but its unplayable right now.....

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet?

Try lowering the Hum PCV slider (you have it at 70 on your set). When receivers are so well covered, the CPU QB just keeps searching and searching and searching and searching for a receiver.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

There is no workaround, we can only wait for the patch.

what the above poster said may work to alleviate the problem, but it would also adversely affect the gameplay in other ways.

It does not happen all the time. For whatever reason on some plays the AI QB goes brain dead. If you try to counter this by lowering pass coverage, then on the other plays you will get torched. Besides that lowering the slider does not seem to matter much.

also what you set the AI pass blocking slider to is irrelevant. The consensus seems to be that it only affects user vs cpu linemen, i.e. when you control a pass rusher the slider determines success rate. It does not impact the likelihood of your AI teammates beating their man.

Possibly the best or closest thing to an acceptable workaround is editing all QB traits to trigger happy. Armor uploaded a roster with these edits but he did this pre-tuner and now thinks it is not worth it. I am inclined to agree.

All we can do is wait
Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Unfortunately we're going to have to wait for a patch to hopefully fix this issue.
I have not played the game in some time now due to this issue,and I feel that I have tried everything under the sun. I just can't have fun knowing that I will and can have anywhere between 5-7 sacks every game...and this is on All Madden,a level which is "supposed" to "juice" the ratings...I was hoping to see the issue toned down,but sadly it's not the case.

I really,really like the game and want to play the daylights outta my CFM,but the sack issue is just a killer for me. So while I wait for the patch,I have been spending all my time in Destiny.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Unfortunately we're going to have to wait for a patch to hopefully fix this issue.
I have not played the game in some time now due to this issue,and I feel that I have tried everything under the sun. I just can't have fun knowing that I will and can have anywhere between 5-7 sacks every game...and this is on All Madden,a level which is "supposed" to "juice" the ratings...I was hoping to see the issue toned down,but sadly it's not the case.

I really,really like the game and want to play the daylights outta my CFM,but the sack issue is just a killer for me. So while I wait for the patch,I have been spending all my time in Destiny.
thats what my plan was too...but all i got left is strike missions and crucible left.....which get very old at times

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I think there is a fix but it's a combined slider and roster editing fix.

I got CPU pass block at 100. It effects user getting to CPU. The above mentioned man coverage being lowered does help and I'm sure you know the pass reaction slider is reversed so the lower it is the closer they stay to man and break on ball faster so setting that a tad higher helps.

The big fix to me is putting CPU qbs to have paranoid trait with nothing else. Also giving CPU high ball carrier vision. This doesn't mean guys like Peyton run with ball it means they avoid the rush when pressure is felt.

Lastly give qb throw away trait set at yes and set CPU qb pass accuracy a little higher. They still throw bad throws at higher setting.

I think you will see a huge change as I have done that to my rosters with amazing results. If you don't see results I'm seeing then when all else fails go edit offensive line pass blocking and awareness for each player. Is all that annoying to do? Yes but you asked for a fix. :-)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

what the above poster said may work to alleviate the problem, but it would also adversely affect the gameplay in other ways.
I cannot stress this enough. The sliders don't work as advertised. There are a number of unintended consequences when you fiddle with them.

This game would be leaps and bounds better if the sliders worked accordingly.

Its something so simple....been in the game for years, but for whatever reason the last 3 years sliders have had issue.

...and they refuse to acknowledge anything slider related.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 09-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

I count to three, and then switch to the DL and make them run away from the QB lol. It's pathetic. First game of my CFM against Green Bay I got 11 sacks. It's a brutal game breaker. I'm about to trade it in for FIFA tomorrow. I've waited long enough for a patch. It's not worth it to me anymore, and honestly the patch probably wont totally fix the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »