Home

Players Disappearing from Free Agency

This is a discussion on Players Disappearing from Free Agency within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Players Disappearing from Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
It's older than that. Xbox/PS2 even. I'm tempted to go back to N64 but its been well over a decade since I even saw it.
Wouldn't be surprised if it went that far back, I believe Franchise mode was introduced in Madden 99 or Madden 2000.

Based on the Breaking Madden series at SBNation it's obvious that there are still some programming relics in the game, such as eight-bit unsigned integers used to track score (creating a max score of 255, the game will not total up any points scored above that number).
Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i found a way to fix this but if its a league u didn't start before u start up the low rated players overall into the 70's....that's what I did because for some reason even when I put no cmp control for cuts the cmp still would cut players after I did cuts. and they keep cutting WR Taylor Gabriel... so I restarted but this time I uped his overall into the 70's and started again and he stayed on my team.

I think its dumb that EA cuts and removes players just because of low overall.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Wouldn't be surprised if it went that far back, I believe Franchise mode was introduced in Madden 99 or Madden 2000.

Based on the Breaking Madden series at SBNation it's obvious that there are still some programming relics in the game, such as eight-bit unsigned integers used to track score (creating a max score of 255, the game will not total up any points scored above that number).
Sounds about right, my first Madden was 2001. Not surprised one bit about programming relics, especially given the short dev cycle and the rush to launch on a new console generation. There's just no time to go running that kind of code archaeology, especially since (I suspect) the programmers responsible for coding (and interpreting) such relics are long gone.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #12
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

I've seen the same thing. Cut my #3 QB at the end of preseason then when my started got hurt opening week I went to sign him back and he wasn't in FA or on any other team, just disappeared. Odd thing is he wasn't the lowest rated QB!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's a really BS problem IMO. Our league GM accidently advanced twice, taking us from Week 3 of Preseason to Week 1 of the regular season. The CPU auto cut down to 59. Seahawks cut Paul Richardson, and his disappeared immediately, and the Jags cut Allen Hurns, same thing. Kind of bull**** that two rookies with loads of potential get cut, but there are still 50 and 60 overall 27 year olds in there.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatopsis
It's a really BS problem IMO. Our league GM accidently advanced twice, taking us from Week 3 of Preseason to Week 1 of the regular season. The CPU auto cut down to 59. Seahawks cut Paul Richardson, and his disappeared immediately, and the Jags cut Allen Hurns, same thing. Kind of bull**** that two rookies with loads of potential get cut, but there are still 50 and 60 overall 27 year olds in there.
I understand why their would be a need to remove players from free agency to cut down on the amount of ram being used. But one, this is xbox one, and ram shouldn't be a problem. 2nd, other sports games will have way more amount of players in the game then madden. Lastly, there's no reason to be making players disappear as soon as the preseason is over. It would be understandable if it was at the end of the season or at the end of the 2nd preseason. But to have to do that on the first preseason is ridiculous. EA deserves a big fat C'MON MAN!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I didn't know anything about this. No wonder I couldn't find Philly Brown.

I looked for him to sign him to the Panthers and couldn't find him even though I know I saw him. I thought I was tripping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #16
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

I could even understand if they removed the lowest rated players but they don't even do that, it seems completely random. C'mon man!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »