Home

JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are the two most important info screens for Madden Management?
Roster & Upcoming FA 4 15.38%
Roster & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Roster & Salary Info 1 3.85%
Upcoming FA & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Upcoming FA & Salary Info 0 0%
Salary Info & Team Needs 2 7.69%
Roster & Top Scouted Prospects 7 26.92%
Team Needs & Top Scouted Prospects 4 15.38%
Salary Info & Top Scouted Prospects 2 7.69%
Other (Please describe in Thread Reply) 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2014, 03:05 AM   #57
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

Spoiler

That or we find a happy medium that fits its attribute, from the looks of it, a B grade could mean anywhere from 65-75 on some attributes, a 10 point spread. most are like that, except F, F is usually 55 and below, by below i mean all the way down to 30.

I'll finish recording my data, save it for tomorrow and keep adding prospects to the scouting research

EDIT: Actually, I think there may just be a really large margin of "guess" in the scouting grades. So large that the rating may dip into another grade's value. A crossover point from F to D, D to C, C to B, and B to A.

Something along the lines of F=30-55, D=50-75, C=65-80, B=75-90, and A=85-100

Last edited by JRT2006; 09-27-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:23 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok sounds good man maybe I will play around with it a bit too.

In response to the other post - my highest AWR rating on these guys was like in the 60s, some were lower like in the 40s, so there is room to grow there (I didn't scout AWR). None of them will start first season, although a few will sooner rather than later.

Only need setting I applied was 1.03 on DT. But I pretty much drafted based on the value (after need was applied for DT) and what guys were left. I reached on the RT and DT (projected mid 3rd and early 4th) because I figured I'd get some of those others later. The OLB was projected end of 4th, the 4th guys were projected as mid-late 5th. The LT was projected 6th. The MLB was projected UD. So by that point I pretty much knew how the draft was gonna go, I was gonna wait on those later guys. So those 2 were pretty much next highest that was available (with an SS also)

As for the LT, I have it set at 5 Pass Block/Strength, 3 Run Block/Impact, 2 Agi/Acc for LT. He had 'B' for pass block but it came in at 87, 84 RB, 93 STR, 84 IB. My scheme setting on LT is 'pass blocker'.

Last edited by burth179; 09-27-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:31 AM   #59
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Damn, 81 OLB that was projected undrafted, thats a hell of a find.

Glad it worked out for you, looks to me like you grabbed a lot of talented players who just need time in the big leagues to get used to the game. I bet that grow to become stars.

My braing hurts from this rating research. I'm out.....will pick up where i left off tomorrow
Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 AM   #60
Rookie

BeantowneS's Arena

Wanted to let you know that I found a cb in the 6th with a 78 overall and a undrafted lt at 76. I simply changed the weights to fit my game plan as well. Heavier on power and run block and lighter on pass and impact block. Seems to be fine. That's the way we could make it fit our schemes.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #61
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Two more drafts and I should have the necessary data to make judgement on the grade values.

Few things: grade values are equal among positions, a 76 rating in speed is a C for WR, a 76 rating in speed is a C for offensive linemen. So the grade values can remain equal among positions.

The difficult part is determining how to place a value on the grade if the ratings are like so:
F=30-55, D=50-75, C=65-80, B=75-90, and A=85-100

Do take the average of both numbers (F=42.5, D=62.5, etc.) which still leaves some mystery to how good yoir player may be. Or do you adjust the value based on the likelihood of having a higher rating to a lower rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #62
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Running a draft now with new averaged grade values.

If these values are correct, and they appear to be based on my data, scouting right should give you a fairly good representation of how well your player will fit your scheme, yet give you the potential bust factor as well.

Considering, a C level grade could mean a high D rating, you don't know exactly what you are getting.

I'm also going to stick to some rules to draft by, just to make it more interesting for me.

I will scout 9 attributes for each prospect, except positions I am looking for an immediate starter in, then I will scout 12 (if applicable).

I won't scout awareness unless it is for a position i want to start immediately (except OL, because they only have 9 scoutable attributes). Awareness is easily built up with time throughout the season and I want to focus on talent for positions of the future.

I'm going to draft based on value, one by one down the list. Only a few exceptions to this rule (I won't draft a player projected more than 2 rounds below my current pick. I wont draft a position twice unless I need to, regardless of value)

I'm going to ATTEMPT to scout an even amount of players per round near my pick range

I'm going to stray from my scheme and player type unless they are drastically different (4-3 zone CB when I want a 3-4 Man, Power Run Power Back when I am looking for a receiving back)

I'll report with my results

Last edited by JRT2006; 09-27-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
See my bolded comments above
I'll have to check when I get home.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Just curious, how many players do you normally get scouted without XP bonus?

I'm playing as the Bengals and am trying to get the bonus as soon as I can, but Marvin Lewis is at 4600 :/

In week 13(I screwed up a bit at the beginning so probably could have 1 more) I have 20 guys on my big board, highest at 282.74...(I didn't get a chance to do a test run, and decided not to and go all or nothing on my main 'chise with this lol)

Is that good, bad or average..?

Btw, I didn't play madden 25 a lot(only like 3 days), but when you get to the playoffs, can you scout every week then, too? Or no? Sorry to ask all this here, but you seem like a solid scouter and a good guy to ask lol
I only had 2k scout points at the end of my season and I spend ~70-80 on each person. This was my test chise offlinethough, so I mapped the whole board. My highest overall was a LOLB at ~280. I think my lowest was ~198.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »