Home

What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM?

This is a discussion on What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #9
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM?

I'm using Mizzou24's roster and added recent transactions. Also, dropped Rob Bironas' rating to a 12 so that he wouldn't be signed. RIP.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Not being able to edit draft classes, makes using custom rosters useless.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

EA week 2 rosters.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Personally, I'm sticking with the EA rosters. Sure, Donny Moore could have done a better job on some ratings (I hate that Manziel got Superstar development on hype alone), but overall, in my opinion they aren't atrocious. I do disagree with Russell Wilson being as high as he is too, though. I can't really think of any others off the top of my head right now to criticize, but for the most part they are playable, just fine.

There's just no longevity to custom rosters if you are a player that actually plays out your CFM over the course of years, since you can't edit the rookies coming in. Man, do I wish there was still an NCAA Football game so we could draft prospects from that pool. I'd be all over Todd Gurley or Marcus Mariota (boy, could the Rams actually use him IRL) in this upcoming draft.

I wouldn't mind trying the FBG rosters out, but because of what I previously mentioned about the rookies, I won't. Same goes for editing QB traits to reduce sack totals. That will last for a little while, but the incoming rookies will change that as well in your CFM, eventually.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on using custom rosters this year in M15.
Hi Quinn and guys... I didn't start my online Giants franchise yet,and I was wondering what rosters to use as well. Since I don't have much playing time,i will only be playing the 1 year,not multiple years. If I use the EA official rosters,is that like an opening day roster ? And since giants wr Mario Manningham is out for the year in real life,will he be injured in the EA rosters,or will he be available to play for my team ? Im not too familiar with all the rosters out there ! Any help out there would be great,thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #13
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream
Hi Quinn and guys... I didn't start my online Giants franchise yet,and I was wondering what rosters to use as well. Since I don't have much playing time,i will only be playing the 1 year,not multiple years. If I use the EA official rosters,is that like an opening day roster ? And since giants wr Mario Manningham is out for the year in real life,will he be injured in the EA rosters,or will he be available to play for my team ? Im not too familiar with all the rosters out there ! Any help out there would be great,thanks
I'm the using the latest rosters, and I can't answer your question for sure, but Mark Ingram for the Saints broke his hand, and all they did was take him off the depth chart (lowered him all the way until he was greyed out), but you could still put him back on there and play with him. It could possibly be the same with Manningham.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-26-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream

to answer that no.... the IR is having a problem in cfm so no players will be on it when u start a new one.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:08 AM   #15
Rookie

GordoJ's Arena

So I restarted my franchise today.

I'm using the identical sliders to my last one, both as the 49ers.

Using SECElite's rosters (which had Bowman and Aldon Smith left out...permanently it seems, the main reason for restarting), I was struggling. I was 4-3 and giving up a lot of yards, but losing to teams that would likely beat the Niners in reality (punked by the Cardinals and Broncos)
His rosters were definitely harsh compared to EA's (for instance, he has Patrick Willis rated in the low-to-mid 80s. EA has him at like 96. And that's true pretty much across the board)

Now, on the other hand, with the official EA roster and QB edits, and the same sliders, I'm kicking butt. Especially offensively on the ground. I'm 2-0, Gore has gotten over 160 yards each game so far, and is listed as the number one rusher in the NFL right now.

Just crushed the Bears 28-10, barely trying.

I feel like the Niners are seriously overrated (I hate saying that), but it really becomes apparent on the o-line and run game.
I'll give it a few more games before passing final judgment, but it's got me a bit worried.
Kentucky Wildcats
Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #16
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
More power to you, Sheba. That is some dedication to get a CFM started, but not a bad idea if you have the time. If I knew more about MOST players I would do the same, but I just don't have the vast knowledge to edit my own rosters like that. Props to you for taking the initiative.

EDIT: By the way Sheba, what team did you finally decide on in your CFM? I remember you stating your method to picking a lower-tiered team, and I was just curious.
I still haven't started a real one yet (one that I do for 8-10 seasons) waiting for the patch. But I am doing a few test ones where I am just messing around with San Diego, Carolina and Oakland.

My football knowledge is vast but I also use guides to help me determine who I should lower or raise.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 09-26-2014 at 06:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »