Home

What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM?

This is a discussion on What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
Rookie

GordoJ's Arena

OVR: 0
What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of consensus on the best roster set for a CFM?

Is the official set worth it? Are there any highly recommended/popular roster sets for the best, realistic player atts and stats?

Just want to hear everyone's take before plunging into another CFM. Thanks!
Kentucky Wildcats
Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Re: What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM?

Personally, I'm sticking with the EA rosters. Sure, Donny Moore could have done a better job on some ratings (I hate that Manziel got Superstar development on hype alone), but overall, in my opinion they aren't atrocious. I do disagree with Russell Wilson being as high as he is too, though. I can't really think of any others off the top of my head right now to criticize, but for the most part they are playable, just fine.

There's just no longevity to custom rosters if you are a player that actually plays out your CFM over the course of years, since you can't edit the rookies coming in. Man, do I wish there was still an NCAA Football game so we could draft prospects from that pool. I'd be all over Todd Gurley or Marcus Mariota (boy, could the Rams actually use him IRL) in this upcoming draft.

I wouldn't mind trying the FBG rosters out, but because of what I previously mentioned about the rookies, I won't. Same goes for editing QB traits to reduce sack totals. That will last for a little while, but the incoming rookies will change that as well in your CFM, eventually.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on using custom rosters this year in M15.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I use my own rosters which I edit to my liking. I start with Donny's base ratings and go through every single player and edit them to how I see fit. For instance one of the first things I always do is lower RG3's injury rating to reflect him always getting injured in real life. Players that I think are entirely overrated or underrated I adjust. It takes me about 4 hours to go through every player but once I have the roster done I use that roster throughout my CFM's. I have tried using other people's rosters in the past but always end up going through and changing everything anyways.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #4
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Icon14 Re: What ROSTERS are you using for your CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I use my own rosters which I edit to my liking. I start with Donny's base ratings and go through every single player and edit them to how I see fit. For instance one of the first things I always do is lower RG3's injury rating to reflect him always getting injured in real life. Players that I think are entirely overrated or underrated I adjust. It takes me about 4 hours to go through every player but once I have the roster done I use that roster throughout my CFM's. I have tried using other people's rosters in the past but always end up going through and changing everything anyways.
More power to you, Sheba. That is some dedication to get a CFM started, but not a bad idea if you have the time. If I knew more about MOST players I would do the same, but I just don't have the vast knowledge to edit my own rosters like that. Props to you for taking the initiative.

EDIT: By the way Sheba, what team did you finally decide on in your CFM? I remember you stating your method to picking a lower-tiered team, and I was just curious.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-25-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #5
Rookie

GordoJ's Arena

Thanks for the quick replies fellas!!

I'm leaning towards the official rosters.

Can I use the official rosters, with just editing the QB awareness/throw away att? I realize that won't matter much once the new rookie QBs take hold, but that's several years in to my CFM most likely.
Kentucky Wildcats
Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoJ
Thanks for the quick replies fellas!!

I'm leaning towards the official rosters.

Can I use the official rosters, with just editing the QB awareness/throw away att? I realize that won't matter much once the new rookie QBs take hold, but that's several years in to my CFM most likely.
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can edit the QB traits (I never tried) before entering your CFM, not once you've started though.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #7
Rookie

GordoJ's Arena

One last question....are you guys playing your CFM as Coach or Owner?
Kentucky Wildcats
Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 09-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoJ
One last question....are you guys playing your CFM as Coach or Owner?
I'm playing as coach in my CFM. Is owner mode fixed in online CFM, anyway?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »