Home

Help! I can't run the ball or break up a pass.

This is a discussion on Help! I can't run the ball or break up a pass. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #9
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help! I can't run the ball or break up a pass.

There have been some good things mentioned here. First, look into lowering pass def reaction and increasing pass coverage like mentioned above. I use 10-80, respectively, and it works well for me. I still have some issues with the QB passing too accurately, ~75%, but I combatant this with increasing their interception possibility. I'm lucky to get 1 pick a game but still, that helps off set. Second, the run is awesome this year, if done how it's intended. I had tons of trouble at first until I read a thread on here that said to use the modifier as soon as you get the ball. So I tried it and what do you know, it worked great. Now I hardly use the modifier, stick only, I don't touch sprint until I have an opening either breaking through the middle or rounding the corner. trust me, use this method and you'll do fine. I run the ball a lot, a whole lot. I just finished my second season of CFM with Ellington as my #1 back. He had nearly ~2300 yards, broke the single season record, over ~400 carries, 18 tds and ~5 ypa. Also had Knile Davis as my #2 and he had over 700 yards averaging ~7 ypa. I play on All-pro using mainly Armour's sliders with a few adjustments based on various sliders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 09-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #10
Banned

Try turning off ball hawk and the other cpu assist options in the game options, felt like the game played much differently with all of them turned off. My defense started getting 2-3 picks a game vs cpu on all pro.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I've found that if you want a challenge you cannot change the QB accuracy, because they will hold the ball and take dumb sacks. Instead, I try to limit all passes to short ones, and try to make quick tackles, hoping for a 3 and out. I normally control the player covering the flats, and move him to crossing routes, but then jump into the flats right before he passes, to make the tackle for about a 2 yard play.

Right now I'm 3-0 in close games with the Jags, going against Philly, Washington, and the Colts. I put the sliders on 85 coverage, and dropped my reaction to about 30 or 25. QBs still missing only about 4-5 passes a game, but normally they're at the end when they are in a 2 minute drill, or I sniff out a screen.

As for running, I've found this different for each team. You have to look at your OL and your RB.

When I was the Eagles, I could run just about any play, and I would hit about 5 yards before I even got touched. I could hit sprint as soon as I touched the ball, let go to juke, and speed burst again. It worked very will, huge lanes in front of me, and never got tackles behind LOS.

Now as the Jags, with a TERRIBLE OL, and a slow power RB, I've found to not touched the Burst Button unless you are in open field (which I haven't been in, in three games). I even scoured the trading block to see if I could improve my running game. So I trade for 3 OL (all under 72 OVR) and Robert Turbin, a power back, that had some quickness in his feet.

For a weak OL, and not so talented RB, I wouldn't run outside, ever. Run quick up the guy plays, hold onto the ball, and try to take the clock down. Understand who is blocking who, if your best OL is on the left, run mostly to the left. Let your blockers setup, don't run right into their backs. Don't hit sprint with these conditions, you'll just run into your own blockers, and be stopped easily, losing your head of steam.

I added Mike Adams, Ben Jones, Khaled Holmes, and Robert Turbin to boost my rushing attack. And in one game, Turbin had 45 Rushes, for 180 yards.

Gerhart had 58 rushes in two games, for 188 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
Banned

Videos explain allot

Madden 15; Line Logic Must Improve, This Particular Incident Prevents Me From Exploiting Mismatch
BBxResurrect

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »