Home

Which one do you do ?

This is a discussion on Which one do you do ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Which one do you do ?

So, if I chose to build a new stadium, after it is built can I then switch from owner to coach to avoid all the financial issues in owner mode?

Also, does anyone know if you are limited in the type of stadium you can build. For instance, would you have to build a dome for the Vikings? I have always thought a team called the Vikings should play outdoors in the elements.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #10
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

A couple questions for anyone that has chosen to rebuild, (or if you are a logical person and not an employee of EA, chosen to build a new stadium), staying in MN. Can you keep the beautiful skyline for an outdoor stadium? Will the horn still sound off on first downs?
The skyline in the open end of the stadium looks awesome during night games and nothing sounds better than the horn after a much needed first down, but the 52,000 capacity is tough to deal with.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #11
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
So, if I chose to build a new stadium, after it is built can I then switch from owner to coach to avoid all the financial issues in owner mode?

Also, does anyone know if you are limited in the type of stadium you can build. For instance, would you have to build a dome for the Vikings? I have always thought a team called the Vikings should play outdoors in the elements.
Yes, you can retire - or sell the team - as owner after selecting your stadium, but make sure you create yourself as HC first, then just take over the Vikings.

And I answered your question in the other thread, but no, you are not limited to a dome. You can choose an open air stadium for the Vikes. Like you, I agree that they should play outdoors. When playing outdoors, there were 16 Super Bowl's... the Vikings played in 4.

Since moving inside, there have been 32 and they've played in zero. So obviously, outdoors gave them a huge home field advantage.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #12
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yes, you can retire - or sell the team - as owner after selecting your stadium, but make sure you create yourself as HC first, then just take over the Vikings.

And I answered your question in the other thread, but no, you are not limited to a dome. You can choose an open air stadium for the Vikes. Like you, I agree that they should play outdoors. When playing outdoors, there were 16 Super Bowl's... the Vikings played in 4.

Since moving inside, there have been 32 and they've played in zero. So obviously, outdoors gave them a huge home field advantage.
Thanks for the response. So do I have to create a new coach or can I just play as the current coach? I would just play the owner mode but I am not optimistic they will fix that in the patch.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
A couple questions for anyone that has chosen to rebuild, (or if you are a logical person and not an employee of EA, chosen to build a new stadium), staying in MN. Can you keep the beautiful skyline for an outdoor stadium? Will the horn still sound off on first downs?
The skyline in the open end of the stadium looks awesome during night games and nothing sounds better than the horn after a much needed first down, but the 52,000 capacity is tough to deal with.
I'm looking into rebuilding the Vikes home too (damn it I wish we could actually open the roof on the Hybrid stadium), I don't think any of the three outdoor options are low enough to see anything like you can out of that one end of TCF Bank.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #14
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the response. So do I have to create a new coach or can I just play as the current coach? I would just play the owner mode but I am not optimistic they will fix that in the patch.
This depends. Since I don't know where you are in your CFM, I can't give you an honest answer. But... let's say that you're in year two, still playing at the Minnesota Gophers stadium, you could create an owner, build a new stadium, retire that owner - for me it was after week one of the regular season when I was allowed to pick my stadium for the Raiders - then create a new coach, or the same one, but you will lose any progress that coach has made.

Hopefully this is making sense. If not, feel free to PM me and I will go into even more detail, but being able to keep the Vikings in Minnesota and play in an outdoor stadium... that's pretty cool.

Again, any help that I can provide, feel free to ask!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #15
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
This depends. Since I don't know where you are in your CFM, I can't give you an honest answer. But... let's say that you're in year two, still playing at the Minnesota Gophers stadium, you could create an owner, build a new stadium, retire that owner - for me it was after week one of the regular season when I was allowed to pick my stadium for the Raiders - then create a new coach, or the same one, but you will lose any progress that coach has made.

Hopefully this is making sense. If not, feel free to PM me and I will go into even more detail, but being able to keep the Vikings in Minnesota and play in an outdoor stadium... that's pretty cool.

Again, any help that I can provide, feel free to ask!
Awesome, really appreciate the help. Actually I am in a bit of a holding pattern awaiting the patch to start my real CFM, kinda just getting my ducks all in a row before I start. Been playing and testing out sliders, penalties, etc. So, if I'm starting a new CFM I could start as the owner and build the stadium ASAP then retire the owner and switch to the coach. This way I wouldn't be losing much progress with the coach anyway. I am really excited about playing as the Vikes in oudoors with some real winter weather!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Awesome, really appreciate the help. Actually I am in a bit of a holding pattern awaiting the patch to start my real CFM, kinda just getting my ducks all in a row before I start. Been playing and testing out sliders, penalties, etc. So, if I'm starting a new CFM I could start as the owner and build the stadium ASAP then retire the owner and switch to the coach. This way I wouldn't be losing much progress with the coach anyway. I am really excited about playing as the Vikes in oudoors with some real winter weather!
Yes! And if you do it that way, you would only need to be an owner for one regular season game - based on my own situation with this. So technically, you could choose to "re-build" your stadium - which in and of itself is stupid, since you would be building a brand new one - and then after week one of the regular season, choose your new outdoor stadium, create you (as coach) then retire the owner, play a year - or 15 games anyway - in the Gophers stadium, then the next year, you will be in your brand new outdoor stadium.

And I can't remember if it was you that asked this or not, but it's highly doubtful that you'll still have the Minnesota skyline, as all the new stadiums are closed ended at each end zone and not open, like TCF Bank Stadium. Yeah, losing that skyline would suck, but you'll be able to play as the Vikings outdoors. So... there ya go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »