Home

Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
time to implement a new total control passing system equivalent to back breaker. that would be directional passing. This already exists to some capacity in Madden with the lead passing, they just need to flesh it out more.

give users the option to have all catches be user catches if they want, including ints.

agree with the field size. make a yard feel like a yard.

add more sliders. example: add a goal line defense slider

the kicking game move it to one analog control. its time to do away with one control for aiming and on for arc. moving everything to the right analog or left analog stick would make ball placement on the field more critical.

agree with the penalties, get them in the game and make them accurate as possible, and please build on the supposed real life sidelines.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #34
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

My 5 areas for improvement (and 4 of them we had before in past Maddens before they stripped them out)

1. Being able to edit everything at anytime of the season alon w/ draft classes
2. 1 button 32 team control- exhausting wasting 30mins to control all teams
3. Created Roster depth Chart lock. Tired of reordering depth chart after starting Connected Franchise.
4. Pregame and halftime shows- what happened to home team entrances?
5. Working penalties- it can't be that hard
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #35
Rookie

First off, I think Madden is an improvement this year but it could be better as you've said before here are my ideas and feedback Rex . I think presentation and graphics are phenomenal and made a big leap this year. When I saw the QB run outs using CBS presentation I jumped off my sofa yelling because its one of things I've wanted for a while. I know some would say its not important but I disagree its the small things that count. The only thing that ruins it for me is that the stadium transforms when you start a game. Maybe we can get actual footage from around the stadium & city like NHL 15 does. I would love more in depth commentary from Jim and phill (Ie. Player in jury's, pro bowl selections players have had, player roles in the game plan etc.). Crowd reactions are better this year but the energy from stadium to stadium should vary. When we play in Seattle the fans should be going crazy and crowd noice should be at highest. If I'm driving down field with 2 minutes to go on the road I should feel the intensity and pressure of the moment. Also cleats for lineman should be updated Nike has a couple pair I see almost every lineman with and would love to see under armor cleats for Cam Newton. Gameplay wise I would love to see authentic zone blocking where the lineman actually take there hedge steps. Zone chucking looked good but can be improved I think most people mentioned realistic penalties as well. We need more qb throws as well I would love to be able through back shoulder passes. That would go with db and wr interactions which are non existent I want to be able to fight for the ball in the air as a wr or db . Weight,strength and height needs to feel like it matters during tackling & blocking as well. Also can you bring back DB assignments ? I want my best corner on Megatron every play! Lol. Goaline blocking should look like sundys as well everyone stands right up which i hate instead of making a pile for the hb to jump over. Hurry up offense should have more of a negative impact on teams that don't run hurry up offense the hole game. Players should have more traits to distinguish them properly weather there hidden or not. I believe madden 08 had a great idea with the weapons traits players had. Ccm needs to be more immersive let us sign guys to the practice sqaud who we don't want to go to another team or develop a not ready rookie with potential. Let us Build our own stadiums from scratch, build and draft for an expansion team ie. Madden 2002.. Coaches Scheme's should matter as well, and positively and negatively impact players attributes If I sign a free agent qb the week before a game and start him he should struggle because he hasn't been with the team long enough to learn our playbook this would make us choose our backups wisely and ad to realism. But those are a few of my ideas Rex hope you see this my man. You guys are so close to a truly great game !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
I agree with you but Madden is what puts food on the plates of the EA employees, every year. They have a monopoly and it'd be a business catastrophe if they ruined the cash cow that Madden & the NFL has evolved into.

Their game alone is in a massive tent/gaming area within the gates of every
stadium in the NFL, nothing else. Honestly, while I know 2k15 will be a great game and I'll probably get it I am a little bored with 2k and not anticipating the release at all because I don't see it being much different than 2k14. I've bought Madden for 26 years straight and am always pumped up when we get into Auguest. It's really a tradition by now.
Have you seen all the things 2k has added this year??? Its night and day from 2k14 they added modes and gamplay improvements for days my man. I'm playing it all year!!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
I agree with you but Madden is what puts food on the plates of the EA employees, every year. They have a monopoly and it'd be a business catastrophe if they ruined the cash cow that Madden & the NFL has evolved into.

Their game alone is in a massive tent/gaming area within the gates of every
stadium in the NFL, nothing else. Honestly, while I know 2k15 will be a great game and I'll probably get it I am a little bored with 2k and not anticipating the release at all because I don't see it being much different than 2k14. I've bought Madden for 26 years straight and am always pumped up when we get into Auguest. It's really a tradition by now.
Also madden only makes up 7% of the company's net income FIFA makes up 27% this is from Forbes.com
Old 09-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
Also madden only makes up 7% of the company's net income FIFA makes up 27% this is from Forbes.com
Of course, but FIFA is released worldwide, Madden, not so much.

It's still all under one roof.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Of course, but FIFA is released worldwide, Madden, not so much.

It's still all under one roof.
Right I understand that I'm just pointng out were resources seem to be placed at ea
Old 09-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #40
Rookie

I just wish Madden football would go away. Every year it's the same and EA will never change..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »