Home

Best Logo/Uniform for Relocated Teams?

This is a discussion on Best Logo/Uniform for Relocated Teams? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 01:58 AM   #25
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Logo/Uniform for Relocated Teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Portland Riverhogs Option 3!

This is where I moved the Jags in my Online CFM, using the Deluxe Sphere Stadium (looks great in day light, better than the Combo option because the combo option never has an open roof and is thus a dome).

I love Dark Blue/Light Blue combos and this uniform has it (with silver nicely added into the mix). Cool font (same as the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but with outlines and different colors of course), classic look great logo. Market isn't too small, but the fans can be fickle (I won the super bowl in year 1 (we went with the default all-pro difficulty, so it was easier than it sounds) and they still waited for a few wins before coming to the games). Don't know if I can recommend a move because of the fanbase but if you want sweet uniforms then the RiverHogs are one of the better choices.

What is disappointing is how many uniform options would look great if you mixed and matched the looks. Like choosing a different font but keeping the regular design, or swapping colors on pants. The Riverhogs option 3 was a rare example of a great design across the board, but there were a lot of designs that were ruined by the font: the Falcons Font was used in WAAAAAY too many designs. Not only is the font mediocre at best but whenever it was applied to a team instead of using the team's actual colors for the numbers they had 1 team color outlined in black (This ruined so many looks that I would have considered otherwise, black is involved far too much in uniform designs nowadays and its jarring when there isn't any black anywhere else on the uniform, the Aftershocks had some great looks last year but they decided to replace the clean block font they were using with the stupid Falcons font and it looks awful).
Believe it or not black is actually toned down this year compared to last year when virtually every team had at least one (usually more) black uniform option. Eventually they need to give us two things: ability to design our own uniforms and at least one alternate uniform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 AM   #26
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Believe it or not black is actually toned down this year compared to last year when virtually every team had at least one (usually more) black uniform option. Eventually they need to give us two things: ability to design our own uniforms and at least one alternate uniform.
I'm all for alternate uniforms. I fully understand why they limit the designs though (having them pre-rendered allows them to show up better in game, I opted against using Teambuilder more often in NCAA because most of the jerseys using custom colors as opposed to ones already found in the game would have a sheen to them that looked awful). If you aren't familiar with this appearance just take a look at the uniforms the players are wearing in the "draft stories" screens, that's what happens when you don't take the time to pre-render uniforms.

I would like for them to have 3 jerseys 2 pants 1 helmet, with you being able to opt for the colors that you use for various pieces (there were plenty of designs that had great looks but the helmets or pants were not the ideal color, It shouldn't be hard to allow us to grab the helmet available in option 1 and swap it with the one in Option 3, because in both cases they are rendered in the game so texture matching is not an issue). Ideally we would get a pick from a certain number of designs for each team and then use the color palette for said team to then customize those uniforms (this adds customization, but also cuts down on the variables EA would need to have rendered meaning we still get great looking uniforms).

I'm not surprised that outsourcing some of the designs to users resulted in less random black, my main qualm was with how often the crappy Falcons font was used and how every single time it involved that black outline (as opposed to a team color, the drop-shadow outline already looks amateur enough, but make said shadow the only black present on the uniform and it looks even more crappy. I don't know what EA likes about that font, it was one of the fonts used in the old create a team mode last gen, and its the font on pretty much every college team in draft stories, and they inexplicably applied it to the Aftershock's Classic option).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #27
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Had no idea about the pre-rendered uniform. It always does have a strange sheen on it for the draft storylines and I never understood why.

I think overall, considering people have so many different tastes...the custom relocated unis overall are pretty good. I agree, however, that every single team needs to have more than one pants option. There were a couple teams I liked, but their pants were only black or only grey, so I opted against it because I didn't want to get bored.

Another thing they need to do is give you a "backup" option in cause you don't like the default home jersey. I don't remember what team it was, but one or two had nice uniforms but home grey uniforms, which I thought looked a little drab. Would've been nice to swap out that home jersey with one or two additional options--so long as it matched the color scheme.

Last thing, and I don't know how many of you noticed this, but some of the sizes of the jersey numbers are off. For example, take a look at the San Antonio Express. I like the font--it's different, but the numbers on the front and especially the numbers on the back are significantly smaller than real NFL teams. It becomes even more apparent when small numbers are on the back of a huge lineman.

It's not all bad. Some of the teams' number sizes are fine. But some aren't, and it looks weird.

I hope in future games, they give us a preview of what the uniform will look like on an actual player that's moving. And give us an opportunity to see what the helmet will look like before choosing. If you want a matte helmet, for example, you're screwed. There's no way to know unless you want to spend two hours simming test CFM's, relocating half the league, and seeing how your team's helmet and uniforms look in the sunlight.

It shouldn't be like that.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #28
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Had no idea about the pre-rendered uniform. It always does have a strange sheen on it for the draft storylines and I never understood why.

I think overall, considering people have so many different tastes...the custom relocated unis overall are pretty good. I agree, however, that every single team needs to have more than one pants option. There were a couple teams I liked, but their pants were only black or only grey, so I opted against it because I didn't want to get bored.
This. I can deal with only having one set of uniforms (home and away) as long as I at least have two different color pants to use. That is one of the things I hate the most with some of these uniforms is when I see a jersey I really like but they only have one color for pants.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #29
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This. I can deal with only having one set of uniforms (home and away) as long as I at least have two different color pants to use. That is one of the things I hate the most with some of these uniforms is when I see a jersey I really like but they only have one color for pants.
^^^THIS^^^ X TWO!!! How did they NOT give us the blue Houston Oilers pants??? How???

Old 10-07-2014, 03:13 AM   #30
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
^^^THIS^^^ X TWO!!! How did they NOT give us the blue Houston Oilers pants??? How???
Yea I would have loved those. And one a side note I would love to see the Indy Colts blue pants in the game.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #31
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I know that moving a team and changing their name causes a loss to the previous identity's unis, but I wonder if moving the Titans back to Houston would allow one to use the Oilers stuff (i.e. you gain access to the blue pants, AND the AFL throwbacks, even if you lose the Titans stuff).

But yeah its absurd that their blue pants aren't in, considering the regularity with which they were worn during their time in Houston. They didn't wear them for their final 2 years in Houston (or the final 2 years as the Oilers) but that coincides with the end of their existence in Houston (they didn't wear them in 1995 and they announced the move at the end of that season, but the decision was certainly being finalized during that entire season).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #32
Banned

Why am I not seeing the Hartford Whalers as an option??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »