Home

Does QB Awareness matter?

This is a discussion on Does QB Awareness matter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does QB Awareness matter?

Been having this debate all morning.... I would think ultimately not because WE control the QB.... Defensive players tho it is huge IMO... Would love more insight

Last edited by Rs31632; 10-01-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Mixed up terms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Does QB Awareness matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs31632
Been having this debate all morning.... I would think ultimately not because WE control the QB.... Defensive players tho it is huge IMO... Would love more insight
According to EA it doesnt because youre in control but according to some users they think the players around you play better with it.

Personally, I don't think it matters much. If you have a QB with a great arm but low awareness it's not like you will play poorly with him as user because of is awareness rating. So in that sense it doesn't matter. Now 40 vs 95 may be a big difference, but 75 to 85 where most QBs are? Nope.

And for CPU, i just played against a Geno Smith with 59 AWR and he completed 75% of his passes. They were all short stuff to the flats mostly but he was still pretty aware. So take that for what its worth.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

I use coach mode and IMO it matters.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
Pro

I don't think it matters if you user control your QB. But for any CPU controlled CPU (CPU opponents or coach mode QB) it definitely matters. A QB with high AWR is clearly better in getting rid of the ball when getting blitzed. Guys like Brady, Manning or Brees usually "take what the defense gives them" in this year's game. If you run Cover 3 most of the time they'll throw it underneath, if you play Cover 1 on them they might hit you on the outside. I play a lot of Cover 2 Zone. They usually need a drive or two to adjust but then they'll attack me down the seams if I don't change up my coverages. QBs with lower AWR (Geno Smith, EJ Manuel come to mind) seem to have problems locating the blitz and attacking the coverages correctly.

I play as the Dolphins and I usually get torn apart by Brady. The Jets games are always easy wins for me because Geno can't do anything against my defense. Against the Bills I have a hard time controlling their running game (Spiller outside running), if I can contain their RBs I'll usually win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »