Home

Custom Defensive Playbook

This is a discussion on Custom Defensive Playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Defensive Playbook

Any suggestions for a good defensive playbook I can download or create? I've tried creating my own, taking tips from other threads, online articles and still not going well. I've never been strong on D for the most part but just trying to balance out my experience. I use Armour & Swords sliders so if someone uses a particular defense that works well with his sliders then please share. Also, once you share your playbook, please describe the play calling strategy that you use. (When to...blitz, run man or zone, nickel, dime or base...etc).

Both 4-3 and 3-4 are welcome

I'm on the PS4

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Re: Custom Defensive Playbook

I would recommend using the Bengals playbook as a base and simply adding a base 3-4 package and maybe the 3-4 bear package. They already have the 4-3 wide formation and good 46 formation.

The most important part of playing good defense in my opinion is through is the adjustments you make pre-snap.
It helps to know your opponents scheme because it actually reflects how they'll play. For example the Texans are a zone run team so they run a lot of stretch and power plays, where it helps to spread your line and bring in your safeties to the edge.
In the passing game, it seems like the CPU likes to use the matchup system. You can make adjustments based on that as well. For example if you're playing cover 2 man, and your corners have good matchups vs. the recievers, but you have bad matchup with a linebacker on a tight end like Gronk or Vernon Davis, you can take one of your safeties in a deep zone and put him on the TE for double coverage or put him in a zone where you think the QB will throw. You'd have to trust your corners in that scenario, but it pays off more than it hurts in my opinion.

I play on All Madden with a custom set of sliders that I find challenging, but it keeps the game fun.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Re: Custom Defensive Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHL
I would recommend using the Bengals playbook as a base and simply adding a base 3-4 package and maybe the 3-4 bear package. They already have the 4-3 wide formation and good 46 formation.

The most important part of playing good defense in my opinion is through is the adjustments you make pre-snap.
It helps to know your opponents scheme because it actually reflects how they'll play. For example the Texans are a zone run team so they run a lot of stretch and power plays, where it helps to spread your line and bring in your safeties to the edge.
In the passing game, it seems like the CPU likes to use the matchup system. You can make adjustments based on that as well. For example if you're playing cover 2 man, and your corners have good matchups vs. the recievers, but you have bad matchup with a linebacker on a tight end like Gronk or Vernon Davis, you can take one of your safeties in a deep zone and put him on the TE for double coverage or put him in a zone where you think the QB will throw. You'd have to trust your corners in that scenario, but it pays off more than it hurts in my opinion.

I play on All Madden with a custom set of sliders that I find challenging, but it keeps the game fun.
Thanks for your input. I will check out their playbook. I will probably have to adjust my accelerated clock to help make better adjustments

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »