Home

Ballhawk and Heat Seeker and kicking arc

This is a discussion on Ballhawk and Heat Seeker and kicking arc within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Ballhawk and Heat Seeker and kicking arc

does everyone play with these on? explain why
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Ballhawk and Heat Seeker and kicking arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Kicking Arc yes, the other 2 depends on the sliders I'm using.

Kicking Arc allows you to actually see your kickers limits and their abilities. It basically allows you to control an actual kicker, rather than trying to be a kicker. I think the dissappearing feature that kicks in on All-Pro and higher properly nerfs the advantage. Because while a Kicker has a good idea of how far they can kick it and how the wind will affect that kick, they still don't have an exact idea (which is simulated by it being shown where they believe the ball will go and how much power they need to put behind it for those 6 seconds). The old system of simply an arrow was far too unrealistic in representing the knowledge a kicker or punter has in terms of how they need to strike the ball, and I think the sway that occurs with the wind (affecting lower awareness kickers more), and the 3 trajectories that give you a good idea as to how hard the kick needs to be but not an exact idea (once again lower awareness kickers are more likely to show a trajectory set that suggests they have more power than they actually do).

Awareness also actually matters now, because you see the trajectories and the color of the trajectories suggests the power needed to hit it that far, but if you have a low awareness those trajectories can be deceiving (i.e. just barely getting it into the green on the meter doesn't mean you'll hit it as far as even the yellow trajectory suggests you would). The arrow gave you pretty much no idea where the ball would actually wind up regardless of how good or bad your Kicker/Punter is, and made awareness something that only mattered when simming a game.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 10-06-2014, 03:42 AM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish you could have the disappearing one on Pro level.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
I'm guessing the answer to this is: "Because they want to."

I play with the arc on, the other two off.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

I play with all assists off (don't want them, don't need them), and the defensive visuals on normal.

I also play with the kicking arc off, because of regardless of what can be explained about the "pros" to the kicking arc, it makes kicking WAY too easy. You get an extreme advantage in punting with pinning the opponent back more often than not, and with FGs and a stiff crosswind, the kicking arc just makes it too easy to line up a FG and compensate for the wind during the 2 or so seconds the kicking arc is up. This is also with FG Accuracy at 40, and Punt Power at 45 for me.

I much prefer the tenseness you get from a medium-range to a long-range FG (outdoors in the wind, especially) that you get with the kicking arc off. They aren't guaranteed FGs anymore. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Shon 23; 10-06-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I play with all assists off (don't want them, don't need them), and the defensive visuals on normal.

I also play with the kicking arc off, because of regardless of what can be explained about the "pros" to the kicking arc, it makes kicking WAY too easy. You get an extreme advantage in punting with pinning the opponent back more often than not, and with FGs and a stiff crosswind, the kicking arc just makes it too easy to line up a FG and compensate for the wind during the 2 or so seconds the kicking arc is up. This is also with FG Accuracy at 40, and Punt Power at 45 for me.

I much prefer the tenseness you get from a medium-range to a long-range FG (outdoors in the wind, especially) that you get with the kicking arc off. They aren't guaranteed FGs anymore. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
I'm tempted to create a second account just so I can like this again
Old 10-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
Rookie

MaddenGamer7778's Arena

OVR: 0

it feels like my defense plays much better with these things turned off with the exception of showing kicking arc. i started getting a few picks a game vs cpu on all-pro xbox one when i turned all these off,beffore CPU killed my D.
must be a dna bug
Old 10-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Does ballhawk help you catch the ball better on d?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »