Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #49
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm telling you guys...you have to start back at Default All Pro with patches. You don't know what they fixed. Isn't A&S Pass Block at like 95? If they fixed QBs to throw more under pressure, and you don't get pressure, then you won't see any changes.

Remember - Game developers tweak the game as it plays on Default. Meaning you need to see gameplay fixes on default first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I would never take one half of one game seriously....ever. I will reserve my thoughts until I play at least 5 full games with various match-ups.

Without even testing yet my gut tells me this was not so much a gameplay patch as it was a stability and bug fix for offline CFM...which was the really crux of need. I feel gameplay other than the well known issue of sacks has been fantastic this year. My hope is they barely touched gameplay...left it alone..tuned sacks and QB awareness....but that's it.

It's the best playing Madden football game to date by a country mile.

And BTW.....I get the CPU going deep on me at least a couple of times a game (sometimes hitting them sometimes they don't...like IRL)...I don't get all the dink and dunk noise....anyone who has watched any of my countless streams (going on over 26 CFM games played so far in my solo online Dolphins CFM) knows exactly how the game has been playing. I see the CPU making mid game adjustments, I also see them sticking with what works if you don't stop it. They are playing strong, smart football...yeah we know the sack issue takes a little away....I am living with it because the game does so many things so well now.

The AI has been vastly improved...I mean really improved big time. Anyway....That's where I stand with the game.....its' only gotten better for me the more and more I have been playing...so much so...I am holding off on NBA2K15 till next year. And I know how awesome that game is going to be.....but I am really playing the crap out of this gem of a football game.

So....will report back with some strong impressions once my testing is done within an offline CFM (10 team control to get various match-ups etc).

Things I am looking out for:

Stat swipes (such as previous week compared to current game stats where they show all zeros) fixed and prolonged.

Commentary syncing fixed to be relevant to what is on the field

More time to choose defensive play

32 CFM control eternal "please wait" bug fixed at game start screen when playing muliple games in same week.

QB Awareness tuned

CPU OL blocking better

Re-start bug fixed

That's really it.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-07-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #50
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Not Released Yet

did they fix the xbox one framerate to be a bit smoother?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #51
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Most rl games this year have had backs avg 5+ ypc. But I don't think its dominated in this years Madden like in past. I'm seeing good realistic averages in my gameplay.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
The problem for me is the inside vs outside runs aren't balanced. Guards get too big a push making inside running a lot easier. I'm hoping they tweaked this area which would also help on the automatic 3rd and short conversions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #52
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I would never take one half of one game seriously....ever. I will reserve my thoughts until I play at least 5 full games with various match-ups.

Without even testing yet my gut tells me this was not so much a gameplay patch as it was a stability and bug fix for offline CFM...which was the really crux of need. I feel gameplay other than the well known issue of sacks has been fantastic this year. My hope is they barely touched gameplay...left it alone..tuned sacks and QB awareness....but that's it.

It's the best playing Madden football game to date by a country mile.

And BTW.....I get the CPU going deep on me at least a couple of times a game (sometimes hitting them sometimes they don't...like IRL)...I don't get all the dink and dunk noise....anyone who has watched any of my countless streams (going on over 26 CFM games played so far in my solo online Dolphins CFM) knows exactly how the game has been playing. I see the CPU making mid game adjustments, I also see them sticking with what works if you don't stop it. They are playing strong, smart football...yeah we know the sack issue takes a little away....I am living with it because the game does so many things so well now.

The AI has been vastly improved...I mean really improved big time. Anyway....That's where I stand with the game.....its' only gotten better for me the more and more I have been playing...so much so...I am holding off on NBA2K15 till next year. And I know how awesome that game is going to be.....but I am really playing the crap out of this gem of a football game.

So....will report back with some strong impressions once my testing is done within a offline CFM (10 team control to get various match-ups etc).

Things I am looking out for:

Stat swipes (such as previous week compared to current game stats where they show all zeros) fixed and prolonged.

Commentary syncing fixed to be relevant to what is on the field

32 CFM control eternal "please wait" bug fixed at game start screen when playing muliple games in same week.

QB Awareness tuned

CPU OL blocking better

Re-start bug fixed

That's really it.
From Clint Oldenburg (in response to the question if there were gameplay fixes in this update):

@MillenniumOS yes of course there are gameplay items. Many. I'm sure details are coming soon

And I'm not saying anything against your sliders. What I am saying is that to see changes in ANY patch with gameplay fixes involved, you need to baseline at Default sliders. Once you've done that, go back to whatever sliders you use. But the devs aren't tweaking to gameplay with updated sliders, they tweak to default.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #53
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

They moved the PAT and standard kick plays to x (PS4), correct?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 2

Just got to say I hope this fixed sim stats, qb sacks and the money thing in owner mode. It is 8:18 in the moring I am going back to bed and I have sports to still catch up on and nba 2k15 and drive club comes out today so I don't know if I will get to play madden in the next day or 2.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #55
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
From Clint Oldenburg (in response to the question if there were gameplay fixes in this update):

@MillenniumOS yes of course there are gameplay items. Many. I'm sure details are coming soon

And I'm not saying anything against your sliders. What I am saying is that to see changes in ANY patch with gameplay fixes involved, you need to baseline at Default sliders. Once you've done that, go back to whatever sliders you use. But the devs aren't tweaking to gameplay with updated sliders, they tweak to default.

Oh no doubt I am going to retest at default All-Pro and go from there......especially after getting the patch notes...I may have to rebuild them from the ground up LOL.....oh well....such is life. I can think of far worse things to do than sit around and play a ton of Madden and test sliders!

LOL!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 7

did it fix the not being able to pick a play after opponent calls timeout? in user vs user game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »