Home

offline CFM users only, post your sack numbers

This is a discussion on offline CFM users only, post your sack numbers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: offline CFM users only, post your sack numbers

I had 37 sacks with Telvin Smith ROLB. I developed him into a beast though, and it's hard not to get sacks with a LB with 90 speed.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played Week 1 with new patch and had 14 sacks I even tried the full graphic setting. 4-5 Sacks were on screens while 3 others QB ran right into DE on the edge. I had 4-5 legit sack of blitz working or DT got good pressure. As guy said above CPU QB just don't throw the ball away. If hey did that would take care of sack and completion% Sim stats for sacks are fine but yes playing stats for sacks is awful

Last edited by daddies3angels; 10-07-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Going to copy and paste my post here:

Sorry to be negative here, I rarely am, but they didn't fix the MAIN issue. The CPU QB AI has zero "player sense" and until they fix that we will all have our own "issues" with sacks. However major or minor you think the issue is based on your number of sacks. I have a huge issue with the CPU QB AI though. I was ready to test this patch out and see an improved game. I liked the feel of it pre patch even though I didn't play it much.

Unfortunately on the first play of the game, Wilson takes an idiotic sack. All-Pro, default settings, the way these guys INTENDED us to play it. No slider tweaks that could make the QB do this. It's empty backfield shotgun set. I run cover 2 expecting short routes on first down. CPU runs curl flats combo. Which brings up another issue is the lack of diversity in the CPU play calling if you really pay attention. So he takes the snap and the routes are covered up. We all saw Wilson last night, we all know how he and all other GOOD QB's would react. I'd say most would read the cover 2 and make the tight throw in zone coverage and see if the WR could take the hit. But if theres no pressure they could sit in the pocket and wait and if there is pressure they would go AWAY from the pressure. Keyword, away. In Madden the CPU QB's do not have this 3 option logic at all. They cannot sense which direction pressure is coming from and avoid it. If they can, it doesn't work like it should.

Wilson decides not to trust his arm and use his legs. That's fine EA, I'm okay with that. But what does he do? He runs DIRECTLY INTO THE PRESSURE. He tucks the ball, runs the same exact angle they always run to the right, and right into the sack. This is why we had the "LE sack issue" this is why there is even a sack issue now. The QB does not have any ability to sense direction. There is no "Pressure coming, Right? Run left" or even "Pressure coming right? Run right, but run wide around it." Wilson has the legs to roll out based on how quickly he knew Kerrigan was coming. But he run runs right into Kerrigan and even tries to truck him. This is an easy, I have eyes, that's a free rusher coming, let me go around this big dood. If the QB can't do that simple thing. I can't play against them. Think about it, we are trying to outsmart that?

Of course we get too many sacks. It's sad too because they did do a lot of good but as they tend to do they missed this one crucial thing. QB play is the most important thing in the NFL. We all know that. If they got one thing right it needs to be that. They fixed it with the RBs it seems like. They avoid tacklers and run away from defenders now instead of that predetermined path. If they could somehow eliminate that from QBs you would see these sacks. And the sacks from screen plays where the QB seems to have no concept that on screen plays they will be free rushers so maybe I should have some urgency with this ball. Until then don't expect to see realistic sack numbers against the CPU across the board.

You will always have to change the intentional grounding slider to the point where it almost doesn't exist or you make it so the QB traits don't matter anymore and every QB plays the same because they get rid of the ball instantly. Otherwise if their is no open man the CPU QB has no answer for it. Whenever that logic triggers they will find their way into a sack because they don't have a right answer built in.

The slim play calling menu was much needed. I'm sure it will be default next year.

EDIT
So I put IG on 25 and restart the game. From my testing before I know this effects the QBs "release logic". They will throw faster after sensing that pressure is coming. Doesnt fix the issue but makes them just throw. So they run empty backfield again, I go cover 2. THey run dual slants from right to left. I was in some Big Dime defense so Kerrigan and MLB are dropping into coverage and dropping way too far. Wilson is literally staring at these WRs as they run wide open across the field. I don't even want to waste time with a picture. He's lookign right at Harvin with Hall standing behind him watching him run away. Kerrigan is 5 yards away downfield. The MLB is 15 or 20 yards back as the WRs run across the field and Wilson has ZERO PLAYER SENSE. ZERO. So IG slider breaks QB's ability to see open receivers so it can never be changed so you leave it default and the QB runs right into sacks.. Not sure what we can do here. Because why else would Wilson not be able to throw it? Everything else is default. Theres no pressure. Guys are wide open. He waits until the the slot WR has gotten all the way from outside the right numbers to the left hash before he throws it and then bunks it right off the Dlinemans helmet because he doesnt have the ability to take two steps to the left before he throws. CPU QB AI needs to be fixed. Period. One penalty slider shouldn't break it and even on default they have no idea where to run anyway. Theres a lot of good with this game but if the CPU has no QB, what's the point..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Going to copy and paste my post here:

Sorry to be negative here, I rarely am, but they didn't fix the MAIN issue. The CPU QB AI has zero "player sense" and until they fix that we will all have our own "issues" with sacks. However major or minor you think the issue is based on your number of sacks. I have a huge issue with the CPU QB AI though. I was ready to test this patch out and see an improved game. I liked the feel of it pre patch even though I didn't play it much.

Unfortunately on the first play of the game, Wilson takes an idiotic sack. All-Pro, default settings, the way these guys INTENDED us to play it. No slider tweaks that could make the QB do this. It's empty backfield shotgun set. I run cover 2 expecting short routes on first down. CPU runs curl flats combo. Which brings up another issue is the lack of diversity in the CPU play calling if you really pay attention. So he takes the snap and the routes are covered up. We all saw Wilson last night, we all know how he and all other GOOD QB's would react. I'd say most would read the cover 2 and make the tight throw in zone coverage and see if the WR could take the hit. But if theres no pressure they could sit in the pocket and wait and if there is pressure they would go AWAY from the pressure. Keyword, away. In Madden the CPU QB's do not have this 3 option logic at all. They cannot sense which direction pressure is coming from and avoid it. If they can, it doesn't work like it should.

Wilson decides not to trust his arm and use his legs. That's fine EA, I'm okay with that. But what does he do? He runs DIRECTLY INTO THE PRESSURE. He tucks the ball, runs the same exact angle they always run to the right, and right into the sack. This is why we had the "LE sack issue" this is why there is even a sack issue now. The QB does not have any ability to sense direction. There is no "Pressure coming, Right? Run left" or even "Pressure coming right? Run right, but run wide around it." Wilson has the legs to roll out based on how quickly he knew Kerrigan was coming. But he run runs right into Kerrigan and even tries to truck him. This is an easy, I have eyes, that's a free rusher coming, let me go around this big dood. If the QB can't do that simple thing. I can't play against them. Think about it, we are trying to outsmart that?

Of course we get too many sacks. It's sad too because they did do a lot of good but as they tend to do they missed this one crucial thing. QB play is the most important thing in the NFL. We all know that. If they got one thing right it needs to be that. They fixed it with the RBs it seems like. They avoid tacklers and run away from defenders now instead of that predetermined path. If they could somehow eliminate that from QBs you would see these sacks. And the sacks from screen plays where the QB seems to have no concept that on screen plays they will be free rushers so maybe I should have some urgency with this ball. Until then don't expect to see realistic sack numbers against the CPU across the board.

You will always have to change the intentional grounding slider to the point where it almost doesn't exist or you make it so the QB traits don't matter anymore and every QB plays the same because they get rid of the ball instantly. Otherwise if their is no open man the CPU QB has no answer for it. Whenever that logic triggers they will find their way into a sack because they don't have a right answer built in.

The slim play calling menu was much needed. I'm sure it will be default next year.

EDIT
So I put IG on 25 and restart the game. From my testing before I know this effects the QBs "release logic". They will throw faster after sensing that pressure is coming. Doesnt fix the issue but makes them just throw. So they run empty backfield again, I go cover 2. THey run dual slants from right to left. I was in some Big Dime defense so Kerrigan and MLB are dropping into coverage and dropping way too far. Wilson is literally staring at these WRs as they run wide open across the field. I don't even want to waste time with a picture. He's lookign right at Harvin with Hall standing behind him watching him run away. Kerrigan is 5 yards away downfield. The MLB is 15 or 20 yards back as the WRs run across the field and Wilson has ZERO PLAYER SENSE. ZERO. So IG slider breaks QB's ability to see open receivers so it can never be changed so you leave it default and the QB runs right into sacks.. Not sure what we can do here. Because why else would Wilson not be able to throw it? Everything else is default. Theres no pressure. Guys are wide open. He waits until the the slot WR has gotten all the way from outside the right numbers to the left hash before he throws it and then bunks it right off the Dlinemans helmet because he doesnt have the ability to take two steps to the left before he throws. CPU QB AI needs to be fixed. Period. One penalty slider shouldn't break it and even on default they have no idea where to run anyway. Theres a lot of good with this game but if the CPU has no QB, what's the point..
Try lowering it more, i had i.g. set to 25 and sacked flacco with the Steelers 9 times. Moved it to 13 for the next game (Hoyer led titans) and only managed one sack late on a 4th down scramble by Hoyer.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Oh god nothing works. Some games i get 3 and then otjer games I get 10 :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #14
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Through 11 games. Leaders are at 8,8,7,7,7,6,6,6.

I fail to see the problem.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #15
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Just simmed two more games. Top 4 leaders are 13, 11, 11, 9.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #16
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Just simmed two more games. Top 4 leaders are 13, 11, 11, 9.
It's not sim stats. It's during gameplay the player is getting wayyy too many sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »