Home

offline CFM users only, post your sack numbers

This is a discussion on offline CFM users only, post your sack numbers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #41
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: offline CFM users only, post your sack numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Yeah, I think if you're playing longer quarters you're going to have inflated sack #'s. I only play on 6 min no run off, and my sack #'s are good.
that explained. most of sim players play to get 120 plays combined. While playing less time will help reducing sacks will also reduce pass yds, rush yds, pass att. you get the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #42
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

A couple questions no one is asking are "Who are your pass rushers?" "SHOULD you be getting 3 sacks a game? or even 2?" Some NFL teams struggle for 1. What's the point in building a pass rush if you can get sacks with anyone? Another issue here. Are we looking for realistic play?
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
A couple questions no one is asking are "Who are your pass rushers?" "SHOULD you be getting 3 sacks a game? or even 2?" Some NFL teams struggle for 1. What's the point in building a pass rush if you can get sacks with anyone? Another issue here. Are we looking for realistic play?

I'm looking for realistic play moreso than realistic stat totals.

Cowherpower posted a great example a few posts back of how the high sack total is correlating into very frustrating gameplay results.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 0

My user controlled qb, in coach mode, doesn't get sacked more than normal because I either leave a back in to pass block or audible to a play with a quick pass if I sense a blitz coming.

CPU qb gets sacked a lot. One "fix" would be for the devs to allow the CPU to know when a blitz is coming and audible to a play designed to beat the blitz. Another fix would be to leave one or two backs in to pass block.

I haven't tried boosting CPU qb awareness to 99, don't know whether that would work.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #45
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

funny part about all this is last year we had trouble getting sacks so EA goes the extreme the other way!! typical i guess..I am assuming you guys are using the 99 pblk and most sacks are the qb run to the rt type?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like the only option is to edit the qb's pressure trait to paranoid or trigger happy and throw ball away: yes. It definitely helps but, obviously the incoming rookies can't be edited. Also, the sack numbers are normal when you play 5-7 minute quarters. Who mostly plays those quarter times? Tournament? Hmmm.............................................. .also, when u do a quick sim in game, u must set the quarter length to 5-7 minutes to get realistic stat results. Interesting. The sim guys who play upwards of 13-15 minute quarters get screwed again. U cannot get to 120-130 plays in a 6 or 7 minute quarter game.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #47
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Another quick update.

Just got done playing my 3rd preseason game against the Eagles,same settings as before,the result? 7 sacks again

Almost forgot,I did make a couple of changes to the penalty sliders that were posted in the slider section...

Intentional Grounding-80
Roughing the passer-5

These did absolutely nothing to remedy the situation...I have tried all the "theories" and as I mentioned before,and has been mentioned by others...this is a CPU QB A.I issue....nothing more nothing less.

So,in 2 preseason games,as a team I have 14 sacks..unbelievable at this point...the defensive visual aids on full doesn't do anything either..

Before I do anything drastic (trading in the game) I'm going to go back to my AM set,and delete the tuner (just trying anything at this point).

It really pisses me off too,I really like the game,and like it alot,but the issue with the sacks is killing me,and it's not something I'm willing to "overlook".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 10-08-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #48
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

The gameplay is so good this year I have no problem over looking a lot of these issues, even if I'm not experiencing them as much as others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »