Home

Does anybody feel this way?

This is a discussion on Does anybody feel this way? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Does anybody feel this way?

Every since Madden 13 came out, I haven't been immersed in franchise mode. I find myself being upset with the gameplay, frustrated by slow patches, franchise mode doesn't feel like a living world. everything feels so meaningless in the mode. I've waited a month and a half for the patch that came out today... I started my franchise and still was un interested in playing. I love football and I need a football game to play. I am on the verge of trading this game in on the weekend.

Does anybody else feel this way? If not how in the hell are you guys enjoying the game. give me exactly what it is you do for fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does anybody feel this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_legend
Every since Madden 13 came out, I haven't been immersed in franchise mode. I find myself being upset with the gameplay, frustrated by slow patches, franchise mode doesn't feel like a living world. everything feels so meaningless in the mode. I've waited a month and a half for the patch that came out today... I started my franchise and still was un interested in playing. I love football and I need a football game to play. I am on the verge of trading this game in on the weekend.

Does anybody else feel this way? If not how in the hell are you guys enjoying the game. give me exactly what it is you do for fun.

First off, finding a slider set that makes you lose games is amazing. I'm 5-8 with my Chicago Bears CFM (mainly because Marshall had a season ending injury) and I'm loving every second of it.

Second, having random draft classes makes scouting a lot more fun because you're not tempted to cheat to find the stars and now when you do it's much more rewarding. Also scouting like crazy to have a first round bust is fun too.

Third, ignore all weird intricacies with the game. Turn glitchy situations into a story. Let your mind create this little NFL world to call your own. Have strange offseason moves by the CPU? Turn it into something fun.

Last, ignore message boards like this one. It's mostly filled with negativity and can affect your own judgement with the game.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
First off, finding a slider set that makes you lose games is amazing. I'm 5-8 with my Chicago Bears CFM (mainly because Marshall had a season ending injury) and I'm loving every second of it.

Second, having random draft classes makes scouting a lot more fun because you're not tempted to cheat to find the stars and now when you do it's much more rewarding. Also scouting like crazy to have a first round bust is fun too.

Third, ignore all weird intricacies with the game. Turn glitchy situations into a story. Let your mind create this little NFL world to call your own. Have strange offseason moves by the CPU? Turn it into something fun.

Last, ignore message boards like this one. It's mostly filled with negativity and can affect your own judgement with the game.
I actually agree with this post to a point. It is a bit frustrating when you play and a guy like Matt Shaub goes 22-24 245 yards and 2 tda. Thank goodness I stopped the run mjd 22 carries 95 yards 1 td. Was able to win last second 51 yarder. Now as far as I know the patch affects already saved games so I can say I only sacked him twice. I guess my main issue to try and enjoy is crap QBs shouldn't be killing me. Not negative btw I had fun just annoyed is all
Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Just started!

I agree madden gets boring quick. I'm in my second year with eagles and I've gone back to playing the show (mlb). My number one problem with madden is the commentary. It's repetitive, inaccurate, like when Phil said my defense had to stop the other team but I was playing on offense. Or how close the game is after the first snap or how my offense can't run the ball after my second or third run play. I can go on and on... Its hard to want to play madden over and over because it doesn't offer a lot when it comes to franchise mode.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

after playing madden i find it hard to go back to the show cos of the shows inferior graphics.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome

100% agree with this, I am so tired of hearing people complain about how the CPU QB was tooooooooo good, or the CPU run was tooooooo bad or toooooooo good, just find the correct sliders and your franchise will last a long time.

I played Brees 3 times last year with my Panthers, went 2-1 including the playoff win

Brees had 190yds on like 59% passing, then had 520 on 75% then in the playoffs had 230yds on 67% passing, the sliders work if you find the correct ones and they very the game from game to game........

Btw I am using SwaggerCoach sliders with tiny tweaks

Last Year I used Mizzou Sliders and played 7 full seasons with the Lions, never played that many seasons in Madden or 2K b4 (yes I was a 2K guy). Take what your given and make the best out of it.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Once I played in an online CFM the offline portion became completely worthless to me.

In other games I can play the CPU and have a decent time (NBA/MLB) but for some reason playing the CPU in Madden is extremely dull. I really hope they are able to improve the game to a point where the CPU logic on and off the field is competent.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Find a tough slider set, that is realistic, but also challenging.

Get the Jags, rebuild them. Limit yourself to 1 or 0 trades, and can't add anyone over 85 overall . . . tell me how long it takes to win all of the time lol.

I had the Eagles, and in year two my Offense was Unstoppable with a 99 OVR Foles, McCoy, Mathis, Peters. Kelce was low 90s, Johnson was 93. Plus I drafted a 6'5 WR with 97 speed, just a beast, couldn't be stopped

Even my D was good, so I am rebuilding the jags currently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »