Home

Did you change your playing style because of Madden 15?

This is a discussion on Did you change your playing style because of Madden 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1
Did you change your playing style because of Madden 15?

Just curious how many people have had to change their style of play to accommodate the short comings of Madden 15 and what they have done different from years past. I for one have completely abandoned my defensive approach that I used for all the previous versions, due to the sack issue and the brain dead AI. It's sad to say but I feel like I have "allow" my self to play a certain way in order to get a competitive game from the CPU, and If I don't the game becomes boring and stale.... It's becoming rather hard to stay interested in this game and I feel like giving up. But I accept the game for what it is and by doing so I made the decision to adapt to it rather than quit playing it.

Last edited by greed8819; 10-09-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: .....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Did you change your playing style because of Madden 15?

I've changed my offense from a Run Balanced/ West Coast attack to a Spread attack.

On D I quit usering my safety because I would either drop the INT, or the QB would get the ball out way before I could even react to any type of route (Fast game speed) I user my corner mostly now, that way I can defeat slants to one side, or actually cover the flats, since CPU has no concept of that.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Just curious how many people have had to change their style of play to accommodate the short comings of Madden 15 and what they have done different from years past. I for one have completely abandoned my defensive approach that I used for all the previous versions, due to the sack issue and the brain dead AI. It's sad to say but I feel like I have "allow" my self to play a certain way in order to get a competitive from the CPU, and If I don't the game becomes boring and stale.... It's becoming rather hard to stay interested in this game and I feel like giving up. But I accept the game for what it is and by doing so I made the decision to adapt to it rather than quit playing it.
I have noticed a lot of people who have handicapped themselves to play against the CPU. And it's sad but it's the truth. A lot of us have to hold back to get a competitive game from the CPU. We've gone from playing a video game to watching one because if we play it, it doesnt work right? Hmm...
Old 10-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I have noticed a lot of people who have handicapped themselves to play against the CPU. And it's sad but it's the truth. A lot of us have to hold back to get a competitive game from the CPU. We've gone from playing a video game to watching one because if we play it, it doesnt work right? Hmm...
Yeah that pretty much sums it up..... I kinda like my new approach to the game, but I do have to "hold back" a lot or it's blowout city for the CPU.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I haven't had to handicap myself at all. With a good slider set and some good edited rosters I have been having a lot of fun with the game. Are there some minor annoyances? Yes, like too many sacks (although I don't see anywhere near what some people are reporting). But at the end of the day it is a video game, it will never be 100% realistic, no sports game is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #6
Rookie

MaddenFan676's Arena

Yeah I chaged my approach in many areas. I kinda like my new approach to the game.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I haven't had to handicap myself at all. With a good slider set and some good edited rosters I have been having a lot of fun with the game. Are there some minor annoyances? Yes, like too many sacks (although I don't see anywhere near what some people are reporting). But at the end of the day it is a video game, it will never be 100% realistic, no sports game is.
Your lucky and I think that's great, like I said before I love Maddens and I just had to approach the game differently this year. I have a good slider set for All Madden and I am very pleased so far with the results but my old style just does not work this year unless I want to win every game and we all know that's not fun.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I second Shebas post. I found a slider set that is tough. You can say my playing style is already holding back because I don't play defense. I suck when controlling a defensive player. I haven't played defense since before 2009. I find it more enjoyable picking the plays and watching my defense work on my behalf.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »