Home

This is whats wrong with H2H online

This is a discussion on This is whats wrong with H2H online within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is whats wrong with H2H online

I normally don't play H2H online, one I'm not very good and for the reason I ran into this morning.

So we kick off and he gets the ball. I can stop his running at all and chews up the whole first quarter into the second and scores. I come down and blow a FG chance. He comes down kicks a FG before half.

I receive at half time march down and score, but take up most of the 3rd. He responds and drives down to the goal line with under 2 min left. 4th and goal and he goes for it up 3. That's fine I don't mind its a legit play call. He breaks a tackle and scores a TD. 17-7 I'm pretty much done but whatever I'll try.

I get to his 40 and I'm stopped; 45secs left. He runs a play I don't call TO signalling I'm done lets end this. This Moose C.....ck decides he wants to run his 2 min offense and scores another TD. I don't want to quite but enough.

Then the MC goes for 2, and then onsides!!

I thought the game played out fine, but its players like this that turn me off from H2H at all cost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: This is whats wrong with H2H online

yea, it makes it frustrating when you try to play the right way, but you're constantly matched up with dudes who choose not to respect that. I had a similar experience the other day playing my first two online ranked games on this years edition of madden.

The first game (against the redskins), I went up 17-0 before halftime and the dude quit. I wasn't really upset, because in my little experience playing online ranked games, it seems like guys are quick to quit if the game is to get out of hand early...which is a shame, since i take my beatings, but you can't expect everyone to be as respectful i suppose.

The second game on the other hand (also against the redskins...smh), started with me getting down early on a opening kickoff return, proceeded by me going three and out, and then him scoring on his next 4 drives before i could finally score with just under 3 mins remaining in the 4th. Pathetic performance by me, yes...but when you're down by that much, you generally would like someone to run the clock out and get the blowout over. But he proceeded to run three straight play action plays trying to chuck it down the field. He didn't succeed, until he decides to of course go for it on 4th down. He succeeded converting the 4th down. One play later though, he was kicked for excessive grieving, awarding me with the win.

Ive never felt madden had the soul enough to have karma, but karma may have bit my opponent in the thumbs on that one, lol

Really, if you want to play with people that play the "right way," your ideal choice is to join an organized online madden league. I haven't joined one this year, but ive been in several leagues since madden 10, and its been my primary form of playing online against other players.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

That's a typical online game with a random from my experience

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't like how quick they go, and I don't like people like that. Luckily I'm like 6-0 in my last 6, and I bleed the clock at the end.

Well I'm not actually 6-0, I have 2 losses, one I was up 7, made him Fumble for 6, up 13-0 game disconnects, my loss?

the other was 0-0 I was driving, same thing happens, says he quit, but I got the L.

But I took them as wins.

Would be another W, but with 1 second lieft on the 25 he does a Hail Mary, and my Prevent Defense all ran into eachother, giving him a perfect sideline to a TD, Torrey Smith? REALLY lol
Old 10-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrosse31
I normally don't play H2H online, one I'm not very good and for the reason I ran into this morning.

So we kick off and he gets the ball. I can stop his running at all and chews up the whole first quarter into the second and scores. I come down and blow a FG chance. He comes down kicks a FG before half.

I receive at half time march down and score, but take up most of the 3rd. He responds and drives down to the goal line with under 2 min left. 4th and goal and he goes for it up 3. That's fine I don't mind its a legit play call. He breaks a tackle and scores a TD. 17-7 I'm pretty much done but whatever I'll try.

I get to his 40 and I'm stopped; 45secs left. He runs a play I don't call TO signalling I'm done lets end this. This Moose C.....ck decides he wants to run his 2 min offense and scores another TD. I don't want to quite but enough.

I thought the game played out fine, but its players like this that turn me off from H2H at all cost.
I hate that but it's whatever to me if it's at the end of the game. When it's the other way around and I'm in the lead it sucks too. If I go conservative and eat up the clock they get on the mic and call me out for being a coward. If I keep playing then I'm a jerk for running up the score.

Overall, online ranked players are the worst gamers to deal with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Par for the course, I reckon.

I just got Madden '15 on Monday, and I'm 3-5 online. Yikes! This is unusual for me, as in past Maddens I maintained 20-30 games over .500 (albeit on the last two Maddens I didn't play much -- HATED Madden '13, because everybody used the Ravens and Niners ad nauseum).

2 losses weren't my fault. In one loss, I was up 14-10 with a minute and 30 seconds left, a fresh set of downs on offense, and my opponent only had 2 timeouts, when the game disconnected and it gave me the loss/augmented DC percentage. Second loss of the 2, it was a 7-7 game when it disconnected, giving me another loss. Won 3 in a row to get to 3-3 but I've lost two straight.

I've only ran into one guy who was obsessed with onside kicks. He beat me, unfortunately. But I guess that's -- as I said -- par for the course.

I'm a casual gamer these days, but I have a huge competitive streak and online gaming, even when it can be a pain and raises my blood pressure through the roof (I surmise), satiates that desire, despite all the bullcrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I hate that but it's whatever to me if it's at the end of the game. When it's the other way around and I'm in the lead it sucks too. If I go conservative and eat up the clock they get on the mic and call me out for being a coward. If I keep playing then I'm a jerk for running up the score.

Overall, online ranked players are the worst gamers to deal with.
I have my privacy settings set to only friends being able to contact me with text/voice (Xbox One). A setting that I appreciate a lot!

It's unfortunate if a legit player tries to message me something important or a "good game" afterwards, but I guess that's the sacrifice for all the d-bags online who send vulgar, juvenile, childish garbage that ruin the experience.

Last edited by ClassActFan; 10-10-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrosse31

Its the wild west. The least EA could do is put up a comprehensive player rating feedback system as a pre game option when you are screening a potential player. It would do wonders for the mature adults that like to play online. I played a total of 4 games online in Madden 25. i don't have time 4 that bull.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

I strictly became an offline sports game player(unless Forza counts) after Madden 09...or whichever year Vick went to the Eagles. Seeing the sport that I love abused like that by the constant win at all costs attitude many online warriors have ruined the experience.

Couldn't stop the Vick cheese no matter what, then it got 'cartoony' to where I was spying my entire d-line while controlling either a DT/MLB. If I injured Vick, they'd D/C, and after finishing the game against the ai I still wouldn't get the win. After a failed 4th down attempt in their own territory...simply D/C. What's a punter anyway?

So I joined a 'sim' league, but people wouldn't play with their own rules they set, wouldn't play their games, or quit after losing...despite claiming to be 'sim' players in an 'adult' league.

That's why I stress decent ai so that I don't have to deal with that mess, but Madden caters more towards the online crowd I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »