Home

MADDEN 16 Wishlist....

This is a discussion on MADDEN 16 Wishlist.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #73
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN 16 Wishlist....

Incorporate as much college football now that NCAA is dead.

I can't add my draft classes which was my favorite part of madden.... allow customizable draft classes like NBA 2k (That feature alone got me into it) Or create a prospect.

Additionally, allow us to create coaches in our CFM. We see college coaches come up to the NFL all the time now (Harbaugh, Carrol, Kelly...) It is only a matter of time until the next big coach college coach is taking over for the Raiders or Jaguars.

Have us start our Superstar mode in a generic college bowl game.

Online team builder... EA had a website where you could create your own team. THis was not only genius, but it was HUGE. It allowed for our teams to be more customizable, but also add our own logos. It was easy and smooth.

The NFL relies on college to succeed in real life, so why not incorporate it in the game?
Old 10-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #74
Just started!

Mods please Sticky this if there isnt a Tread on this matter please.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #75
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Classic Teams... The beauty of this is:
1. You never have to update the roster once it is made, and you can carry them over from Madden 16, all the way until Madden 38.
2. Say you are a Jaguars fan, and you are going to play your friend head to head,there is a pretty good chance that you are not going to pick Jacksonville to play with. However, if you gave you the option of playing with the 1999 Jaguars, it would help that Jaguar fan play even with someone who picks the Denver Broncos.
3. Wouldn't it be fun to watch the 85' Bears play the the Steel Curtain of the 70's? Or even the current Seahawks vs. the 93' Cowboys.
4. Get to play with some legendary players. Imagine playing with Randall Cunningham, Bo Jackson, and Deion Sanders. Or reliving the Montana to Rice connection, or running the gritz blitz with the Falcons of the late 70's.

I just wish Madden would pay more tribute to football history, as opposed to making you pay to buy a pack of cards, and hoping to get Jerry Rice to play for your New York Jets team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #76
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Incorporate as much college football now that NCAA is dead.

I can't add my draft classes which was my favorite part of madden.... allow customizable draft classes like NBA 2k (That feature alone got me into it) Or create a prospect.

Additionally, allow us to create coaches in our CFM. We see college coaches come up to the NFL all the time now (Harbaugh, Carrol, Kelly...) It is only a matter of time until the next big coach college coach is taking over for the Raiders or Jaguars.

Have us start our Superstar mode in a generic college bowl game.

Online team builder... EA had a website where you could create your own team. THis was not only genius, but it was HUGE. It allowed for our teams to be more customizable, but also add our own logos. It was easy and smooth.

The NFL relies on college to succeed in real life, so why not incorporate it in the game?
These are all big ones.

There are SOOOOO many things to add....but right now, my biggest issues is I just want players to feel more authentic based on their ratings and skills. I am so completely sick of players feeling the same way regardless. If I have a poor pass rushing team and I draft a premier pass rusher, I wanna be able to feel and see the difference. If I have an elite QB and he retires and I move onto a poor QB, I want to feel it. If I my franchise LT goes down and is replaced by a scrubs, I want my QB to pay the price.

The only time I ever really feel a major difference is if a go from a slow player to fast player. The other ratings dont seem to matter much. At times maybe they do....but not enough for me to say "wow, I really need to upgrade my LT" and stuff like.

Im really tired of playing this half arcadish/half sim every year. This game has no identity and the only people who seem to consistently enjoy it are CASUAL, ONLINE gamers. HARDCORE OFFLINE SIM guys like me, who have been buying Madden since the 90s have had enough.

Im not even looking for the perfect game, when its 2014 and its sad to say that the only thing in Madden 15 thats the best in the series is the graphics. Gameplay (some aspects, not all), presentation, franchise mode....its been better.....like, on the PS2. So there is really no excuse for how mediocre this game continues to be outside of laziness and lack of know-how...in which case, we are doomed until they lose the exclusive license.

Sorry for the rant. I spent most of yesterday trying to fine tune the gameplay in M25 and alot of things got to me.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #77
Pro

Allow us the ability to reset the the Draft picks at the start of an online franchise, so every team has their one per round.

2020: 52-39
Old 10-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #78
MVP

Toupal's Arena

This article sums up a lot of what I feel....
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/8-...-year-s-madden

But if anyone knows me, my biggest gripe with this game is the lack of customization. It gives you a template and you have to play to that standard. Let me control what goes on in my dynasty. If I want to move the Buffalo Bills to Topeka, Kansas, I should be able to.

I also hate how they came out with Colin Kaepernicks tattoos and made a big deal of it, but no one else had them... meanwhile, every player in NBA 2k has their tattoos. So clearly it is possible, but they choose to hide behind some Mike Tyson lawsuit.

Speaking of lawsuits, I am TIRED of hearing how allowing customizable draft classes aren't allowed for the same reason NCAA is no longer around. If EA and Tiburon made real classes on real players, then yes.... that is a huge no no. However, we are asking for custom draft classes. There is no violation with the NCAA if the NFL's video game allows people to change prospects into whoever they want.

That argument is equivalent to having a grade schooler draw a picture of Marcus Mariota, and having the NCAA take the school to court over the kid using Mariota's likeness....

So please. please. please. please quit hiding behind these lame excuses, and show off what you can really do.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #79
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4

Online co-op and if you can share your rosters then let people share there draft class. Also have post game where they talk to the coaches even like going into at halftime.

Last edited by David129; 10-25-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:15 AM   #80
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
This article sums up a lot of what I feel....
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/8-...-year-s-madden

But if anyone knows me, my biggest gripe with this game is the lack of customization. It gives you a template and you have to play to that standard. Let me control what goes on in my dynasty. If I want to move the Buffalo Bills to Topeka, Kansas, I should be able to.

I also hate how they came out with Colin Kaepernicks tattoos and made a big deal of it, but no one else had them... meanwhile, every player in NBA 2k has their tattoos. So clearly it is possible, but they choose to hide behind some Mike Tyson lawsuit.

Speaking of lawsuits, I am TIRED of hearing how allowing customizable draft classes aren't allowed for the same reason NCAA is no longer around. If EA and Tiburon made real classes on real players, then yes.... that is a huge no no. However, we are asking for custom draft classes. There is no violation with the NCAA if the NFL's video game allows people to change prospects into whoever they want.

That argument is equivalent to having a grade schooler draw a picture of Marcus Mariota, and having the NCAA take the school to court over the kid using Mariota's likeness....

So please. please. please. please quit hiding behind these lame excuses, and show off what you can really do.
Not making excuses for EA, because I agree thats all they do...there are far more players in the NFL than the NBA. But beyond the rights thing, why not at least have generic tattoos? EA lazieness IMO.

And I completely agree about draft classes. It was one thing for EA to make an NCAA game and the teams with the exact heights, weights and numbers of players on those teams, but its another for a random fan to create those players and import them into Madden. There is no legal issues there, and if EA says there is, they are lying. Only way Id think it would be an issue is if someone was charging money for those draft classes, but I doubt that would be an issue.

IMO, EA just wants people to completely depend on them for everything. They dont want to make the game too customizable from the base game because its easy for them to be shown up by the Madden community. IMO, thats PART of the reason they took Madden off PC....because the modders made a vanilla game very fun and completely customizable.

I mean, how sad is it that the game is less customizable now than it was a decade ago?

Sadly, there is no way out of this. EA knows it and can do whatever they want and will...as long as they are making money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »