Home

MADDEN 16 Wishlist....

This is a discussion on MADDEN 16 Wishlist.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 06:28 AM   #401
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN 16 Wishlist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Yeah and that's where the rabbit hole gets deeper, because they believe they ARE educating fans on the game of football. They are always putting some kind of article out talking about how Madden is being used as a teaching tool. In a big one they used it to talk about how they use Madden to educate English football fans, and they're dead serious about this.

Learning the game of football using Madden is like going to Dr. Kevorkian to learn to how to save lives.

Well, the difference is, Dr Kavorkian actually knew how to save lives.

Im not so sure most of the people who work on Madden know much about how the game of American football actually works. They claim they do, but I dont believe that. Too much that points to the contrary. I mean, Im sure there are some casual fans....but I am pretty sure that most of those at EA who work on Madden have a very limited knowledge of how football actually works. It truly feels as if a) they know very little of the game and b) they have very little passion for the game. And those that are knowledgable and passionate likely dont have a big say in the games creative direction or design
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #402
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Just a list of things they have removed:

Training Camps
While these were cool and fun, it wasnt a very realistic way of progressing players.

I do think they could implement a training camp feature in a well done way....but outside of just the fun of the minigames, I wasnt really big on how it ultiamtely effected the franchise mode....BUT IT HAD ALOT OF PROMISE.

Quote:
Preseason Position Battles
Preseason Practice
No excuses for position battles being taken out. I mean, technically they still exist, but nothing to make anyone really interested in it. Now, its just about ratings.

Practice should be available all the time.

Quote:
Better pregame commentary
Pregame?

Commentary top to bottom is trash.

This is a glaring and obvious example of EA being lazy....because there are games 10 years older on much inferior consoles that have better overall presentation and commentary.

Just pathetic.

Quote:
The Tony Bruno Show
This was cool for a season....until I kept hearing the same things over and over.

It was a cool feature in general, but something i think got old quickly (when you played franchise as much as I did)....and didnt really hold up well once you got into later seasons.

Quote:
Newspapers/ Emails, they had this broken down by USA Today News (NFL) and local news (your team) I remember when NCAA used to do Sports Illustrated Covers
I agree.

I mean, I do like the news stories they do now....but I wish they would go that extra mile for presentation.

Quote:
Weekly Game plan Advice
Never really used it, but I get why some liked it.

Quote:
Actual Music instead of what my girl friend calls "the annoying trumpets"
Yes....the NFL films music has gotten really old.

No reason not to have a real soundtrack....but I wouldnt be shocked if this is more the NFL's fault than EA's.

Roger Trashdell (not clever, I know, but thats how I feel about him) and his lackeys have creative say in the game as terms of the exclusive license...which is why we wont ever see certain things in the game.

Quote:
The stadiums that were used as baseball stadiums had the baseball field as well "Oakland Raiders"
Doesnt really bother me....because its becoming a thing of the past in the real NFL anyway.

Quote:
Change Teams/ Ownership whenever you want
Pretty sure you can do that now....I might be wrong.

Quote:
Play ANY game you want, it didn't matter if they were user controlled or not.
Watch CPU vs CPU games
100% agreed, and may I add....coach mode. Not coach mode as in "Be a Coach". Coach mode as in, you just build the team and call the plays and the CPU excutes your playcalling on the field.

Quote:
Have assistant coaches matter through the hiring process
This is irrelevant because at this point, head coaches dont even matter aside from what you see on the sideline.

Head coaches have very little impact on the teams.

When they start making head coaches matter....then Ill start asking for extended coaching staffs.

Quote:
Build a stadium out of scratch
Agreed....not only this, but anything customizable.

How is customization so much worse than it was 10 years ago? It should be better than ever.

Quote:
Real Scouting Reports
While I do agree, it would only be good if done right.

Quote:
Getting "boo's or cheers" for your draft choices
Meh...not a big deal for me.

I mean, I wouldnt mind it if they added them, along with showing maybe the top 10 players coming out on stage.....but JUST adding the boos and cheers really does little for me. They too got annoying quick.

Overall though...you make a good point.

EA has taken so many good features out of the game, and the new features, while they are good in theory, are not executed that well.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #403
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Here is my wishlist.

1. It's 2015...And we still dont have a real NFL broadcast presentation in football games. Sure, NFL 2k5 came close...But i want more. And i want highlights of every game played in my franchise. EA could maybe create hundreds or even thousands of random highlights to watch during your season. It would be like watching sports center.

2. Accurate stats. I tried a number of sliders for Madden 15 and still cant get the QB's to throw real completion percentages. And like everyone else has been saying, they really need to fix the amount of sacks each game.

3. Better replay angles. Wow...The camera replay angles really do suck in M15. Its like the camera is super zoomed in on the players and we cant see the rest of the action. Give me TV boadcast views of my replays EA, PLEASE?
Old 03-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #404
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I'll start off with two very simple, easy fixes:

1) Fix the replay angles. They are very bad currently. I can't understand the context of the play because the camera is far too tight on the players. You copied everything CBS does except this? Why?

2) Add mouthpieces. Why is this not in the game? From Eric Dickerson to O'Dell Beckham, adding mouthpieces is an additional accessory that immediately makes a player recognizable. You have 100 different glove and cleat combinations, but no mouthpieces.

I just don't get it.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #405
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm all for better create a player. Give us the ability to really customize our player. From Hair styles, to facial tweaks, tattoos, more equipment, celebrations, qb cadences, personality, demeaner. There's lots you can add for created players and coaches but it feels so restrictive right now. Its hard to stay connected with your own persona within the same since he looks so generic and doesn't stand out at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #406
Rookie

They're too lazy to put in an actual creation tool.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #407
MVP

Lisac's Arena

3 things they need to add or I'm finally done giving EA my money

1. Editable draft classes
2. Depth chart lock going into Franchise Mode
3. 1 button 32 team control (tired of wasting an hour or more to control all the teams)

Sad thing is all these features were once in the game and no longer are
Old 03-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #408
MVP

OVR: 12

At this point, 7 years since I bought my last Madden game, ALL I want is a PC version.

It seems asking for a core engine rebuild is never going to happen, due to their yearly release cycle, so, just let me play on my tricked-out PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »