Home

This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to head ga

This is a discussion on This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to head ga within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to hea

I love playing Madden online with players who take a real football approach. I agree that Madden truly shines online as well as local couch head to head matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #66
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to hea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaChest
What's wrong with switching the playbook and using the same formation? I come out in a bunch formation because it allows me to utilize multiple real-life passing concepts with easy reads.

I can understand if someone spams a play that glitches out defenders or something, but legit football concepts? Don't see the problem with that. If I'm having success with bunch levels or spot/snag, why stop?
Lol.. Did I say anything about legit football concepts? I clearly said they used the audibles to confuse aka "glitch" the defensive AI. Madden's defenders can't even line up properly against certain formations.

Please feel free to call the same play over and over. And based on your 200+ rushing yards per online game. I'm sure that's the case. If someone can't stop it. Why not keep doing it? I agree.

But in REAL LIFE if you called the same play or the same formation over and over again the 11 guys on defense with EYES and a BRAIN would be able to see that and adjust to it. They should be able to know whats coming. Even if I know what's coming as a user defending I can't possibly control 11 defenders and cover the entire field? If someone can easily make 2/3 reads in Madden offense is a breeze. As you can tell from expierence because defenders will never adjust. You can pick on the same player 15 times in a row and the AI wont change a thing. I could user cover sure but how hard is it for you to just go somewhere else?

Nothing wrong with using the same play or same formation IF this was a real NFL simulation game. It's far from that which is why almost every league on this site has rules against that.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #67
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

If youre watching TNF right now you see how much the defense, at least the front 7 and safeties, have to disguise what their doing to confuse Peyton. They don't reveal their final alignment until less than 5 seconds on the playclock. Recreating this in Madden would be impossible. Just like the announcer can read the defense watching the top down view, unlike a limited view behind the Oline a real QB has, that's the view we have in Madden. Seeing what the defense is lined up doing is incredibly easy compared to only being able to see a certain side of field at the time.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #68
Just started!

I love playing Madden online with players who take a real football approach. I agree that Madden truly shines online as well as local couch head to head matches.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #69
Rookie

How can you consistently win at this game online?

it seem like luck (Ints, fumbles..etc.) has alot to do with it.

it is easily the most frustrating online game anyone will play
Old 10-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #70
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with the OP. It's been fun. I'm 5-0 with my Rams, albeit something like 12-9 (?) or something overall (just got the game at a discount, via Amazon, a few weeks ago). It's frustrating as hell, but that's par for the course of a Madden game.

Online competition is the only reason I bother with most video games (sans GTA) anymore. The competition, as ridiculous as it can be in certain games like Madden, whets my head to head appetite. I would have stopped gaming over a decade ago if online gaming didn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
Went online again after seeing this. 2 minutes into the game I get this message. Unfortunately I seem to get matched against these dummies all the time. I'll stick to offline.

Spoiler
I'm on the Xbox One, but isn't there a way on PS4 to turn off chat between you and someone not on your friends list? That's what I do. No more silliness like that.

Last edited by ClassActFan; 10-27-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #71
Just started!

I agree this is the first time since way back to the ps2 days that I truly am loving online,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #72
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Game is horrendous online - trap plays nonstop against fronts that aren't even vulnerable. Not to mention no pass rush - only sacks you'll get are coverage sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »