Home

How's the offline franchise?

This is a discussion on How's the offline franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 03:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How's the offline franchise?

The last madden I bought was Madden 12 for the PS3. I recently got a PS4 so it gave me a reason to update all my sports games. Madden is next line but before doing so, I wanna get some opinions first.

I'm primarily an offline franchise mode player and I still have a franchise ongoing in madden 12. I love managing my team roster and basically building a dynasty. I've heard a lot of bad things with the offline franchise mode of recent maddens which convinced me to stick with madden 12 until next gen systems came out. How is the offline franchise of madden 15? Is it a huge leap compared to Madden 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How's the offline franchise?

It's functional at the moment but has some bugs. Stay away from owner mode unless you want to break stuff in your living room.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
It's functional at the moment but has some bugs. Stay away from owner mode unless you want to break stuff in your living room.

Thanks for the reply. Besides owner mode, what are the other types of offline franchise? Offline franchise is the most important feature for me when buying sports games so if it's broken, i'd rather stick to madden 12...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

Coach mode. You still control personnel but only have to stay under the cap. You don't manage all the finances, which are FUBAR'd this year.

This thread details the issues with owner mode.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-funds.html
Old 10-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
Just started!

I am playing owner mode now and I really enjoy it. Although finances suck and I'm in my 3rd season as the Jags and -17 million in funds I actually have a great team that can easily win out this year on All-Madden, the one good thing about Owner Mode is that if you end with negative funds you can become the coach of your team which I will do after this season. The only reason I wanted to be owner is because I moved the Jags to Portland and became the River Hogs and I love the relocated stadium and my new team. Also fired Gus Bradley and hired Chuck Pagano so hopefully we can make it into the black before the end of the season cus I'd rather stay as the owner than be bumped down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

In my first CFM i moved the Jags to Portland as well, but switched to coach mode in the 2nd season.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossepl9
I am playing owner mode now and I really enjoy it. Although finances suck and I'm in my 3rd season as the Jags and -17 million in funds I actually have a great team that can easily win out this year on All-Madden, the one good thing about Owner Mode is that if you end with negative funds you can become the coach of your team which I will do after this season. The only reason I wanted to be owner is because I moved the Jags to Portland and became the River Hogs and I love the relocated stadium and my new team. Also fired Gus Bradley and hired Chuck Pagano so hopefully we can make it into the black before the end of the season cus I'd rather stay as the owner than be bumped down.

I guess that's what I will do as well. Im not too keen on managing finances anyway. As long as I can still manage the roster and the cap, I'll be fine. kinda crazy how a big company like EA can make a mistake that big...
Old 10-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Offline CFM is enjoyable as a coach if you take some time to set it up:

1) Edit all QBs traits to throw ball away: yes and sense pressure: paranoid. Vanwolfhawk also mentioned raising QBs ball carrier vision to 100...I will be testing this. But taking the time to edit the roster will help make the CPU more challenging and avoid getting sacked 4+ times a game.

2) Check your opponents scheme and Playbook before you play them. Make sure both match up with the CPU's strengths on the roster. For example, if you're up against a team loaded at WR and QB but have a poor RB, switch them from Power Run to Vertical.

I found that editing the Broncos Playbook to pass balanced really opened up Peyton Manning - highly suggest this. The CPU QB plays totally differently based on their Playbook.

3) Set progression to end of year. A lot of guys have suggested taking control of all 32 teams and ignoring game prep because players develop too quickly. You can do this if you want - but I'm fine with the players development. I would just say make sure you mix up your game prep - don't spend all of it on gaining player XP - it's way too easy to build a super team.

If you do those 3 things, and find a complimentary slider set that works for you, you will have a blast this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »