Home

Blitzing DB's getting faked on play-action - solution?

This is a discussion on Blitzing DB's getting faked on play-action - solution? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Blitzing DB's getting faked on play-action - solution?

So I like to blitz the nickel corner every once in a while and I'm noticing a lot of times when he goes unblocked on play action he gets faked out and it buys the QB more time to make the throw

So i'm wondering, is this attributed to a)my DB's lack of awareness, b)the QB's "play action" attribute rating or c)some combination of both?

I've been blitzing a rookie CB (fuller on bears) and it seems like he falls for the play action on every blitz. Maybe i'll try one of the veteran corners and see if it plays out any different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Blitzing DB's getting faked on play-action - solution?

My initial thought is that it would be poor awareness to not do that.

That's the point of a play-action pass, to get a defender to pause for a moment. If it's a decent fake an edge rusher shouldn't just run by the back hope he doesn't have the ball and hit the QB. Especially now-a-days when any unnecessary touching of the QB seems to be a penalty. If that's me I'm coming around the corner thinking contain, Rb, Qb, to not take myself out of the play.

Having said that, not seeing what you are describing, it could very well be some wonky Madden gameplay that doesn't look right, but from a fundamental aspect I actually think what you described is correct.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Rookie

warren123's Arena

OVR: 0

Play rec. If it's low they are more likely to bite on PA, if it's higher it won't happen as often. Try pass committing as well.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren123
Play rec. If it's low they are more likely to bite on PA, if it's higher it won't happen as often. Try pass committing as well.
Yeah. Like I said, i've been using a rookie. I'm going to try it out with one of the vets like tillman or jennings and see if there is a difference
Old 10-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

If he's coming off the edge and you are pretty sure it's PA, you can either pass commit or QB contain. Either of those will ignore the possibility of a run and go straight for the QB if unblocked. If blocked, however, they won't really try for pressure, and if it's a run to the middle there will probably be a big hole. Still a pretty good option on 3rd and long if you want to send a blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just shift to show blitz before the snap. try to time it at the snap to eliminate hesitation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »