Home

Red Zone Offense

This is a discussion on Red Zone Offense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Red Zone Offense

I'm having trouble with my offense in the red zone (Charter04's All Madden sliders).

It seems most defenses double down on the run in the red zone, and even if i'm running the ball well, it's hard to get yards on the ground in the red zone.

My passing style is generally vertical, so it gets really hard to throw the ball in the redzone and I find myself taking wayyyy too many sacks in the redzone.

How do you guys run your redzone offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 02:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Red Zone Offense

I have alot of success picking plays that send the TE on a corner route
Old 10-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you choose a pass play and audible to a run and the computer will not play the run (e.g. goaline formation). It's cheesy, but so is the fact that the computer knows if you called a pass or run.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanC
I'm having trouble with my offense in the red zone (Charter04's All Madden sliders).

It seems most defenses double down on the run in the red zone, and even if i'm running the ball well, it's hard to get yards on the ground in the red zone.

My passing style is generally vertical, so it gets really hard to throw the ball in the redzone and I find myself taking wayyyy too many sacks in the redzone.

How do you guys run your redzone offense?
If you're looking to continue to run, I've found counters to be effective in the goalline. The tackle will bypass the end and take out the lb...the fb/pulling guard will seal the end out. As long as the safety doesn't hit the hole before you it should be a td...if the safety his the hole try to truck your way in because there won't be much space.

If you are open to passing, try some corner routes, stick concept works well and generally has a backside slant as an option if they match up the stick. Spacing can be effective too. If your opponent plays man, mesh is an easy completion if you can get protection. Spot is hit or miss.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Banned

Well, I like to use real passing concepts used in HS, college, and the NFL. In the redzone, I'll usually use fade smash, levels, or curl-flat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Banned

Almost forgot my go-to concept, lol: spot.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

I have had a lot of success with Z spot and a drag route with a fast receiver.

With the drag I usually leave an extra guy in to block because it will take a little while to progress. Having said that, if you get a speed receiver running across zone defenses and you zip it in, its very hard for them to stop. I usually only do this when I need <5 yards because they get tackle quickly.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
Banned

Spot/snag beats everything. In the red zone, the flat is your first read. It's a zone-beater AND it usually beats man if they have a LB covering you. If you do it from a bunch formation? He'll get caught up and bump into your other WRs many times. I usually read the flat first at all times, but it is essential in the red zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »