Home

CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

This is a discussion on CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

Play on All madden. It doesnt happen there. As soon as i switched I saw the difference.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

It happens on all madden but since you finally stopped the cpu you don't care as much.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

Curious. What difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing all madden and I get 1-3 sacks a game. And the qb rarely misses an open guy it's almost too hard to defend the pass
Old 10-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
It happens on all madden but since you finally stopped the cpu you don't care as much.
I havent seen it happen on All Madden at all. in fact i struggle to get sacks on AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
Curious. What difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing all madden and I get 1-3 sacks a game. And the qb rarely misses an open guy it's almost too hard to defend the pass
If you set ACC on 5, you will see missed passes on AM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

This issue can really rile me.

Even on All Madden (with CPU Pass Block at 100) it occasionally rears its ugly head - sacked Eli Manning 9 times in one game with the Rams (with Quinn on IR and Donald also out).

Think this is a combination of several factors that makes it worse as the season goes on.

1. CPU AI is dreadful meaning the QBs hang onto the ball too long, or don't scramble out of the pocket often enough when faced with pressure.
2. Therefore the DL get a handful of sacks
3. This means their confidence starts to rocket (even with a loss)
4. The DL then become too overpowered for the OL
5. The DL then get more sacks
(and go back to 3 and repeat ad infinitum)

Stuff like the screen plays issue and even some of the suction tackling - had one sack on Russell Wilson where he's scrambling out of the pocket, and one of my DL dives to tackle him and sort of warps into a position and angle in which he catches him before he can get past the LOS - don't help either.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #23
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Sacks work fine on all-madden default. Its when you start messing with the sliders that qb ai goes down the tubes. Not sure which one but I bet its the accuracy slider or possibly wr cartching, coverage or one of the penalty sliders (IG?).

I play all madden default and don't get a lot of sacks, usually 1-4 sacks a game. If I get pressure on the qb he will throw it away, make bad passes etc.

Also, I think a lot of you guys are expecting the qbs to be flawless. If you watch football for any period of time you'll see that qbs make boneheaded moves all the time, holding on the ball too long and taking sacks because they're trying to make a play. I see plays all the time in the real NFL where I think that if that happened in Madden people would complain about it on OS lol.

Anyways, I'm not saying there isn't a sack problem, there sure is one on the lower difficulty levels and when you start moving the sliders but I dont think there is one on default all madden.

Also, its hard to judge from those pictures what was really happening during those plays. You can't see the plays in motion, how fast the players were moving, where the qb was looking (did he have time to see the open recievers). Whenever I get a sack, I got back to the replay and watch the play to see if it was realistic, 19/20 times its something that you're likely to see on the TV on Sundays.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #24
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

you can thank everyone for complaining that they couldn't play man coverage. Now the man coverage is too tight which is making the CPU qb's paranoid to throw the ball.

I find that raising the cpu pass block and lower human pass coverage, and human int almost to zero does help so even if they hold on to the ball a long time it gives them an extra couple seconds to throw it. I'm still averageing 4 to 7 sacks a game though. which is better than the 10-12 sacks I was getting when the update first came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »