Home

CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

This is a discussion on CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #41
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

I stop playing madden, but reading over this I have to disagree with people saying all-madden sacks are less. It all depends on what you call. I put pass block up high, run block at 70 & fumbles at 85(because the cpu can't run to save their life and this seems to help it) and changed all the cpu's qb ratings and attributes for the better. Still get sacks, especially if you call any kind of 5 or 6 man blitz. Should I have to put house rules all over the place so the game plays right? I play as LB and when I see a screen pass I let the cpu complete it so they wouldn't take a sack instead of covering the RB and I hardly ever blitz(and I love blitzing ). To me that is stupid. So I have to put in house rules to actually play this game because the game is too stupid to think for itself? Does anyone else see what's wrong with that? I mean are we just going to keep doing this year in year out and coming up with every excuse in the book on why we should play madden like this? To me we are just being laugh at....... Sacks are not fixed on all-madden, it just looks like it is.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 10-21-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Not if the sliders are so crappy that they do next to nothing. The blocking sliders are almost useless. WR catch does next to nothing. On many of them if you set it at 0 or 100 without you knowing and had you play for 15 minutes I bet you couldn't tell the difference. This area needs a TON of work.

All-Madden is definitely better than All-Pro since the QB is smarter and gets the ball out sooner. But the cpu QB logic is not done well. Virtually every QB uses the same logic and the only difference between QBs is the accuracy rating. That leads to robo QB and generic gameplay. I hope EA focuses on this next year.
Idk, for me all the sliders work lol. I can easily tell I lowered pass block by just 5 for myself and was getting sacked like crazy. I notice it
Old 10-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I have tried to play the game on all madden to see if it helps but I just don't have the skill for all madden. I just played a game today on all madden and lost 40-14 and I throw 4 int and had 1 fumble to. I have tried 2 games on all madden and in the 2 games I have had 7 sacks told so it seemeds to work but I just don't have the skill for all madden. In the 2 games I have thrown 7 int and had 2 fumbles and been out scored 75- 31. Surpirisly the CPU completion % was not to bad its just I cant pass on all madden. I guss I will go back to all pro with both IG and RTP at 100 and see if that helps. The first game I tried with that I had 5 sacks.
Mess with sliders. And who were you playing as and against? If you were a power house team losing then you're probably right but if you played as a bad team that's realistic.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I stop playing madden, but reading over this I have to disagree with people saying all-madden sacks are less. It all depends on what you call. I put pass block up high, run block at 70 & fumbles at 85(because the cpu can't run to save their life and this seems to help it) and changed all the cpu's qb ratings and attributes for the better. Still get sacks, especially if you call any kind of 5 or 6 man blitz. Should I have to put house rules all over the place so the game plays right? I play as LB and when I see a screen pass I let the cpu complete it so they wouldn't take a sack instead of covering the RB and I hardly ever blitz(and I love blitzing ). To me that is stupid. So I have to put in house rules to actually play this game because the game is too stupid to think for itself? Does anyone else see what's wrong with that? I mean are we just going to keep doing this year in year out and coming up with every excuse in the book on why we should play madden like this? To me we are just being laugh at....... Sacks are not fixed on all-madden, it just looks like it is.
10 games. 2 sacks max each game that looks fixed and is fixed lol
Old 10-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #45
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Me too. I totally understand your points.

I'm afraid with all the online emphasis by EA, the user vs cpu play will never get addressed properly. Many things need fixing.

(btw I can't use the Like button at work lol. Something wrong with my browsers so my omission there isn't intentional).
I don't think it will. Not only because of the focus shift though. I think they will continue improving the CPU AI but the foundation itself is broken. I don't see them rebuilding the way the game works to do it right. And I don't know if they would even do it right if tried. I'm sure its hard to recreate the game of football with 0s and 1s in a computer. There really is a lot more going on than Baseball or Soccer or Basketball and even the AI in those games gets ripped to shreds with complaints. But the majority still see FIFA, 2k and The Show as great games and great representations of their sports. The football foundation is broken in Madden which is the saddest part.

For example, the most basic thing for a defender is probably gap assignments. Madden doesn't even have that realistically implement. A QB should be able to make reads as simply as a pick and roll for a PG. If Madden was 2k, the pick and roll would be broken. The PG would continually ignore the open roll man and throw interceptions trying to pass to the wrong player. Unless you play on Hall of Fame that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #46
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
Idk, for me all the sliders work lol. I can easily tell I lowered pass block by just 5 for myself and was getting sacked like crazy. I notice it
So you've done with no one else could and gotten Madden sliders to work properly across the board? Please enlighten me. People have said clearly that they put pass block at 100 for CPU and it doesn't result in less sacks. But when you do it, it works?
Old 10-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #47
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
10 games. 2 sacks max each game that looks fixed and is fixed lol
For YOU and YOUR play style and the plays YOU call.. Stop acting like everyone is seeing ghost. Please, it's very condescending. The issue is not fixed. Especially if you have to use YOUR sliders and that's the only way to do it.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #48
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I dont`get it. I just ran Madden25 and i had 42 sacks in the entire season. This was not an issue last year. What they changed?

The idea of a Software V1, V2, V3, is get that software better and, bettewe. Fix bugs, and add features.
In madden, they fix bugs, and they create New bugs, and they add features and they removed Features. Sometimes i feel they do it on purpose.

This is not even a new engine.

SMH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »