Home

CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

This is a discussion on CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

Default Pro ... I know, I know ... but give it a shot.

Maybe I just suck at Madden now, but I swear players play to their ratings more on Pro. Sacks and interceptions are down - for me and the cpu - playing on Pro compared to either AP or AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #66
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Default Pro ... I know, I know ... but give it a shot.

Maybe I just suck at Madden now, but I swear players play to their ratings more on Pro. Sacks and interceptions are down - for me and the cpu - playing on Pro compared to either AP or AM.
really? I would detrsty the Defense with Pro default. I`m over 80% on AM with All madden default.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
really? I would detrsty the Defense with Pro default. I`m over 80% on AM with All madden default.
If it's too easy, it's too easy, but if you're fed up with AP and AM, it's worth a shot.

I got fed up with sacks and interceptions on M25. They were really bad on AP and only marginally better on AM. On a whim, I tried Pro and was shocked at how well it played. A bit easy, but enjoyable with some house rules.

I started out on AP on M15 and again had too many sacks and picks. So I went to Pro. Using the strategy play-call suggestions and no-switch defense, I've had some really good games so far. The AI is better on M15 than M25.

It's entirely possible that I just suck at Madden now, but if you can't get AP or AM to play like you want, Pro is worth a shot, IMHO.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #68
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree its getting annoying I played 2 of my cfm games first game my defense got 10 sacks the cmp got 1 just played my second one my defense got 7 sacks the cmp got 5 so that's 17 sacks for me 6 for cmp and a total of 23 in 2 games so UNREAL.

bad part is im not even trying to get sacks but either the cmp qb holds onto ball to long or trys scrambling and runs into one my de's.

so im avging almost 10 sacks a game after 5 games I have 40+ sacks in my cfm. I lead the league by a LOT.....next nearest team has 11.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #69
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

OVR: 0

It is just unfortunate because the QB play is what is ruining an otherwise very sound football game. Some other annoyances occur in the game but they don't affect it as prevalant as QB play. But I believe it is unable to completely make realistic AI QB play. There are just too many variables for the position for this current programming to represent true QB play.

One example is how often in Madden do you see the CPU QB roll out and continue to look to throw. It is always just take off. How many times do you see a CPU QB get out of the pocket and chuck it out of bounds, saw it tons in real life just this weekend in both NCAA and NFL. We as the user have that ability because we aren't controlled by programming we can think on our feet which right there gives us the huge advantage.

Another reason we get so many sacks due to programming is broken screen plays. Not the play itself but how the CPU is programmed to play. There is no programming for the QB to throw into the dirt at the RB feet.

But my biggest concern is the playcalling that the CPU uses too many "dead plays". These are plays that are either success or fail no in between. Plays like Four Verticals, Corner Threats etc. The CPU sees no one open and has to take a sack. This combines my first reason which they don't have any way to just throw it away. These dead plays are called wayyyy too often. A lot of today's NFL is short to mid range passes with reads and with safety routes for the QB to take what defense gives you. Well when every receiver goes and runs covered deep routes you get what you are given... A sack.

We need to realize none of these issues will be fixed with patches or tuners and not just because of lack of patching or tuners but because fixing them would require a complete reworking of the programming. Which worries me because this game plays very well User vs. User and today's gaming is shifting towards alienating the offline gamer. With EA focusing on MUT and online gaming I don't think it is in their best interest to rework these issues.

Sorry for such a long post but had to get it off my chest.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #70
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan22
It is just unfortunate because the QB play is what is ruining an otherwise very sound football game. Some other annoyances occur in the game but they don't affect it as prevalant as QB play. But I believe it is unable to completely make realistic AI QB play. There are just too many variables for the position for this current programming to represent true QB play.

One example is how often in Madden do you see the CPU QB roll out and continue to look to throw. It is always just take off. How many times do you see a CPU QB get out of the pocket and chuck it out of bounds, saw it tons in real life just this weekend in both NCAA and NFL. We as the user have that ability because we aren't controlled by programming we can think on our feet which right there gives us the huge advantage.

Another reason we get so many sacks due to programming is broken screen plays. Not the play itself but how the CPU is programmed to play. There is no programming for the QB to throw into the dirt at the RB feet.

But my biggest concern is the playcalling that the CPU uses too many "dead plays". These are plays that are either success or fail no in between. Plays like Four Verticals, Corner Threats etc. The CPU sees no one open and has to take a sack. This combines my first reason which they don't have any way to just throw it away. These dead plays are called wayyyy too often. A lot of today's NFL is short to mid range passes with reads and with safety routes for the QB to take what defense gives you. Well when every receiver goes and runs covered deep routes you get what you are given... A sack.

We need to realize none of these issues will be fixed with patches or tuners and not just because of lack of patching or tuners but because fixing them would require a complete reworking of the programming. Which worries me because this game plays very well User vs. User and today's gaming is shifting towards alienating the offline gamer. With EA focusing on MUT and online gaming I don't think it is in their best interest to rework these issues.

Sorry for such a long post but had to get it off my chest.
Actually, I have been using Josh's set and have seen some really good play from the QB. For example, in a game against the Bucs I saw McCown step up in the pocket, and seeing a running lane took off. But to my amazement just before the line of scrimmage he pulled up and tossed a nice touch pass over my onrushing LB and in front of my DB where Jackson made a beautiful leaping catch. That is real football!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #71
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Actually, I have been using Josh's set and have seen some really good play from the QB. For example, in a game against the Bucs I saw McCown step up in the pocket, and seeing a running lane took off. But to my amazement just before the line of scrimmage he pulled up and tossed a nice touch pass over my onrushing LB and in front of my DB where Jackson made a beautiful leaping catch. That is real football!
Oh there are those yes! moments where you are like that's how it should be. But just too many moments that make you scratch your head and say this isn't even football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan22
One example is how often in Madden do you see the CPU QB roll out and continue to look to throw. It is always just take off. How many times do you see a CPU QB get out of the pocket and chuck it out of bounds, saw it tons in real life just this weekend in both NCAA and NFL.
Agreed 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »