Home

Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

How does strength play in for WR? Doesn't the rating of release matter versus the rating of press? When talking WR vs CB?
Old 03-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #50
Banned

How does strength play in for WR? Doesn't the rating of release matter versus the rating of press? When talking WR vs CB?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #51
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

I've been reloading my franchise trying to find a draft class that has good RBs because I wanted to reflect this year's deep RB class. I must have reloaded about 50 times before I finally settled on one I liked.

There were a few that had a stud or two but then there would be like 10 more first round projected RBs and then like no QBs.

Luckily though, in the one I'm settling on, the top two RBs are from Wisconsin and Georgia haha. I thought that was a sign that I should just stop wasting my time and pick a class. The QBs were okay, a bit too many first rounders but I can live with it.

The interesting thing is the Georgia RB has similar measurables to Todd Gurley, only being an inch shorter; and the Wisconsin RB is an inch shorter and a few pounds lighter than Melvin Gordon, but it's uncanny how close they are. It's crazy to think it's randomly generated also.

I have to admit, I was looking for classes that had an RB similar to Gurley in the first 2 rounds, but I swear I could not find one that had a 6'1" 220lb RB to save my life. I don't remember if I saw any 6'1" RBs. I know taller RBs are uncommon in the NFL, but I'm surprised I didn't see any.

Satisfied with the draft class though. I'm going to primarily play as the Chargers in this franchise and I definitely want to look towards possibly drafting one of the RBs.

EDIT: Also, I know his name is dumb but the Georgia RB's name is "Klon Cosby". I think that's as close to "Todd Gurley" as it gets for randomly generated drafts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre
I have to admit, I was looking for classes that had an RB similar to Gurley in the first 2 rounds, but I swear I could not find one that had a 6'1" 220lb RB to save my life. I don't remember if I saw any 6'1" RBs. I know taller RBs are uncommon in the NFL, but I'm surprised I didn't see any.

Satisfied with the draft class though. I'm going to primarily play as the Chargers in this franchise and I definitely want to look towards possibly drafting one of the RBs.
I just had a draft class littered with big backs. I in fact drafted two, one in the 2nd round and one in the 6th. So they're in there, perhaps just not as many as one would like.

I did notice that even for those big guys the strength rating was low, but the trucking rating was high, and that seemed to have a big effect on the animations they were getting.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:29 AM   #53
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I just had a draft class littered with big backs. I in fact drafted two, one in the 2nd round and one in the 6th. So they're in there, perhaps just not as many as one would like.
Wow, really? I feel like I never got a guy who was both tall (6'0" and over) and big (220lbs+). I would get a lot of guys there were 250lbs standing at like 5'9". Great to know there are some in there though.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #54
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

Drafted a RB a few CFMs ago who was 6'2" 238lbs and had 76 STR!... Funny thing was that he was a projected 1st rounder but slid into the 2nd round where I stole him.

Pretty sure he was one of those high 80's/low 90's SPD/ACC/AGI guys, but a PHY freak and with beastly Eddie George-like size. 1500 yrd perennial runner, out of the box.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Good thread.

I'll throw in a few things I noticed.

QB: Love how they did it. Good balance of studs and guys that could develop into quality starters.

RB: Difficult to find a superstarstar back. Every RB I have come across has at least one thing that is sub par. The RB I drafted has good promise, most ratings high with SS development but 88 speed. I'll take it. Sure, people complain about not seeing AP type players, but how often do those guys actually come around?

WR/TE: Easy to find quality players, not as easy to find studs. As it should be. I've come across stud TEs (twice one went 1st overall I believe) but they were in high demand and would require trading up. I like that. Still almost guaranteed to find a year 1 starter at WR that could win ROY.

DT: Too much speed. It took a few seasons for me to find a good run stopping DT. Easy to find penetrators with speed and acc in the 80s, but rare to find a guy with great strength, blk shedding, and tackle.

LB: These guys are fast. Half the time I see a UDFA with 88< speed. If you like project players this should be your favorite position. Good balance here, and when you find that future star it really feels good. Many Madden gamers don't fully understand all of the ratings and that could make it difficult. This position group (particularly ILB) may have the most grades that are important. You will probably not have much luck finding a guy with As across the board. Very important to prioritize here.

CB: Easy. In year one I found a guy with the following: A in speed, agility, acceleration; A press, B mcv and zcv, A in jumping. I was very excited because he was projected in the 4th round and I did not need to trade up. Then in future drafts I often found the same thing, which killed the joy out of finding the first guy. But it is not too many stars in my opinion. The distribution seems to be more guys in the 76-82 range than other positions, but not many above 84 compared to other positions. Probably the easiest position.

S: Year one of my initial franchise I found Ed Reed 2.0. This dude was awesome. Athleticism all above 90, superior coverage skills, and an asset in the run game. He was also 6'2". Him and the WR I drafted really made me consider keeping what was supposed to be a test franchise. I ended up restarting my franchise, and no one even comes close to him.

I miss him

As for how scouting works, I am a little torn.
Yeah it is kind of boring and not at all realistic, but the results are not too bad. But I use house rules because it is a bit too easy for my tastes. (no reloading, no unlocking the actual numbers except some physicals, NEVER unlocking development, don't abuse trades, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 9

My best RB's have been WRs moved to RB.
The player models are more Adrian Peterson "ripped" in game vs RB models. they have more speed and strength then the RB classes, and many of them have high BCV and ELU.

I look for WR's in the 6'0 - 6'3 range, at 205lbs - 225lbs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »