Home

Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

I switch a lot of players' positions and this year with my first two picks I took a 6'6 WR destined for TE and nimble LT to take over my open guard position.

The LT came in at 92 ovrl! My best player ever drafted. My tackles are both in the high 90s (and young), but still that made me contemplate keeping him there. After moving him to LT he went down to a 60!
Comparison:ST SPD AWR PB RB IBL
LT Stats :94 70 65 92 86 84
RG Stats :94 70 35 72 68 84

It took me a whole preseason, but he's finally workable at a 74... what a waste.

For the TE, I went straight from WR>TE instead of the circuitous, but SPD/ACC saving, WR>HB>FB>HB. There's no saving him...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #66
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
I switch a lot of players' positions and this year with my first two picks I took a 6'6 WR destined for TE and nimble LT to take over my open guard position.

The LT came in at 92 ovrl! My best player ever drafted. My tackles are both in the high 90s (and young), but still that made me contemplate keeping him there. After moving him to LT he went down to a 60!

It took me a whole preseason, but he's finally workable at a 74... what a waste.

For the TE, I went straight from WR>TE instead of the circuitous, but SPD/ACC saving, WR>HB>FB>HB. There's no saving him...
Do you mean after moving him to RG he went to a 60?

I really see no problem with that. I think some players should be more versatile and capable of switching, but not ever player is capable of making that switch and playing at a high level. Some players, when drafted as an OT, need to stay at OT, or risk a seriously fall.

Bottom line, not ever player should be able to be moved and still maintain a high rating to where you move them.

My biggest issue with any of this is that a rookie came in the league rated 92. I dont think any rookies should EVER come into the game rated higher than like...and 84 or so.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:

You would have been better off trading the tackle for a guard if thats what you really needed. Tackles, especially Left Tackles have lots of value and players get nerfed too much when moving positions
Old 06-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Do you mean after moving him to RG he went to a 60?

I really see no problem with that. I think some players should be more versatile and capable of switching, but not ever player is capable of making that switch and playing at a high level. Some players, when drafted as an OT, need to stay at OT, or risk a seriously fall.

Bottom line, not ever player should be able to be moved and still maintain a high rating to where you move them.

My biggest issue with any of this is that a rookie came in the league rated 92. I dont think any rookies should EVER come into the game rated higher than like...and 84 or so.
Though I generally get what you're saying... that's a ridiculous drop. I've never seen anything close to that when moving players around.

That's by far the highest for a rookie I've come across and was mostly due to his relatively high AWR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
You would have been better off trading the tackle for a guard if thats what you really needed. Tackles, especially Left Tackles have lots of value and players get nerfed too much when moving positions
I disagree that I should have traded for a guard. Tackles are the most athletic and strongest OL in the game. Guards rarely have more than B strength and none have C speed. My entire OL is former tackles that are A strength and C speed. This is the first time anyone has taken a hit on ratings other than AWR.

As far as value, good guards command a high salary and a strong interior presence is important for the run game and deep passes (so your QB has room to step up). They're also valuable trade bait (an elite guard can net multiple 1sts).
Old 06-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #69
Rookie

Switching position no-no's...:

LT > RG
RT > LG
LG > RT
RG > LT
WR > TE

Any one of those will completely destroy a player (from like high 70's OVR to like mid 50's OVR)... But there's ways around this if you know what you're doing.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
It can happen. Look at Zach Martin, he was All Pro as a rookie. I don't think it should happen all the time, but once in a while isn't bad.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMysfit
Switching position no-no's...:

LT > RG
RT > LG
LG > RT
RG > LT
WR > TE

Any one of those will completely destroy a player (from like high 70's OVR to like mid 50's OVR)... But there's ways around this if you know what you're doing.
Care to share? I know for WR>TE it's WR>HB>FB> TE, but just forgot to do it. For G/Ts it looks like it's bad to go from one side of the line to the other and switch positions, so you should make it two moves IE LT>RT>RG OR RG>LG>LT.

Has anyone labbed with Centers? LT>C or LT>LG>C?

How about the DL? The best DTs come out at 34 LE/REs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Though I generally get what you're saying... that's a ridiculous drop. I've never seen anything close to that when moving players around.

That's by far the highest for a rookie I've come across and was mostly due to his relatively high AWR.

I disagree that I should have traded for a guard. Tackles are the most athletic and strongest OL in the game. Guards rarely have more than B strength and none have C speed. My entire OL is former tackles that are A strength and C speed. This is the first time anyone has taken a hit on ratings other than AWR.

As far as value, good guards command a high salary and a strong interior presence is important for the run game and deep passes (so your QB has room to step up). They're also valuable trade bait (an elite guard can net multiple 1sts).
I understand what you're saying, but an elite left tackle will always be worth more than an elite guard. They command more money and more trade value. I've just seen far too many times where a good OL prospect was moved to a different position and became worthless in the process (not just losing awareness). So while in real life it may be much better to move that tackle to guard (my Vikings squad playing Clemmings at RG instead of RT) in madden it just doesn't work out well in more cases than not.

Edit: I went back and looked at all my scouting spreadsheets and while I don't scout speed for OL as I think Acceleration is much more important, I found no fewer than 2 guards projected in the first 4 rounds with A strength. And the drafts that only had a few A strength guards for me were weak guard drafts with only 5 or 6 prospects projected in the first 4 rounds.

Last edited by TheDominator273; 06-07-2015 at 12:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »