Home

Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns

I will start this off by saying I am not a Cleveland Browns fan, nor am I a fan of Johnny Manziel. I do not think he has the body type to be a successful NFL QB and I don't think he is going to be in the NFL for long (this is my personal opinion, you may have yours, but this thread is not for opinions on Manziel). I am wondering what you guys think the appropriate value for a Johnny Manziel trade would be? I don't want to put him on the Trade Block because those offers may not be of true value. Just trying to get an understanding of his value, and I am not saying I will stick with Brian Hoyer for the long term solution, but I prefer his veteran presence over Manziel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns

I am playing a franchise rebuilding the browns. I simulated the first season and am now playing the games with difficult sliders in the second season.

First off, let me say that this team is not really a rebuilding project in the truest sense. The have strong pieces on the offensive/defensive line, secondary, and good weapons on offense. A good draft and decent free agency makes this team very good.

One of the big holes is at linebacker, especially MLB.

The other big holes is at QB. After playing with Manziel, I agree completely. There is nothing special about him when you are playing with sliders that complement your skill level. Mediocre arm strength and accuracy and he isn't even that fast. I am definitely going to move away from him in the offseason.

As for trading, it's hard to say. NFL trades are so weird in real life I don't ever know what to say for value. Honestly, in my franchise, I am just going to hold onto him. He's still on a rookie contract and is definitely a serviceable backup. I will probably draft/sign a big arm pocket passer QB in the offseason.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I will start this off by saying I am not a Cleveland Browns fan, nor am I a fan of Johnny Manziel. I do not think he has the body type to be a successful NFL QB and I don't think he is going to be in the NFL for long (this is my personal opinion, you may have yours, but this thread is not for opinions on Manziel). I am wondering what you guys think the appropriate value for a Johnny Manziel trade would be? I don't want to put him on the Trade Block because those offers may not be of true value. Just trying to get an understanding of his value, and I am not saying I will stick with Brian Hoyer for the long term solution, but I prefer his veteran presence over Manziel
Keep: Manziel, Crowell, Gordon, Cameron, OL, Mingo, Sheard, Haden, Gilbert, Gipson and Whitner....

.... Trade for Shazier(any other stud rookie you desire)...

... Trim the fat(which includes cutting most everyone else, lol)..

Draft Defensive line/linebackers, and maybe a WR, after average to above avg, yr one..

... Enjoy being the most dominate force in the league for next 5-10 yrs.

You're welcome. 8)
Old 10-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
Pro

Imo, try trading johnny and maybe a later pick for a stud rookie MLB or OLB if you don't plan on resigning Kruger. Like mack, Shazier and so on. Or if you don't like tate, package him with Johnny and try getting a better back.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

Browns really don't need much of a rebuild but if you are looking to trade JFF, send him to Dallas for a few draft picks, that seems realistic. I'm not sure what he's worth. I guess a late 1st round pick or early 2nd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #6
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Biggest problem in Clev is QB.
Look at the other teams in the div, Steelers Big Ben 3 super bowls, Ravens Flacco one super bowl, Cincy Dalton muliple playoffs all of the drafted their QB then build the offense around their strenghts that's Clevelands main problem.

They draft a mobile QB of the "FUTURE" then stick with a pocket guy in Hoyer. They had a great passing attack in Gordon and Cameron now they are a power run team.

They are totally messed up on offense and can't get out of their own dumb ways.

They need to decide on what type of offense they want, what type of QB and grow from there. They need to stop all the crazyness.

I guess that's where YOU come in.

I'd keep Manziel if you want a mobile QB and draft another. You have two first round picks.

In real life I think they should play him, see what ya got and go from there. If you don't like what you see trade him and draft two QB's in the first round next year.

In the game QB is the easiest to fix, just decide on what type of system and offense you want. Best of luck and GO BROWNS.....
Old 10-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
Just started!

I guess a late 1st round pick or early 2nd.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMysfit
Keep: Manziel, Crowell, Gordon, Cameron, OL, Mingo, Sheard, Haden, Gilbert, Gipson and Whitner....

.... Trade for Shazier(any other stud rookie you desire)...

... Trim the fat(which includes cutting most everyone else, lol)..

Draft Defensive line/linebackers, and maybe a WR, after average to above avg, yr one..

... Enjoy being the most dominate force in the league for next 5-10 yrs.

You're welcome. 8)
I agree, the team has so much young talent you don't need to rebuild only BUILD on their current skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »