Home

EA getting lazy?

This is a discussion on EA getting lazy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EA getting lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I, for one, don't want any more RPG moments or modes.

I would like for more realistic NFL moments or modes.

Call me, selfish, maybe.
I'm with you. But I don't want them to take the RPG elements out. The code is already there. Many people like the unrealistic RPG element and EA/Tib has done enough of removing and replacing. What I want is a choice between RPG and realistic elements (moments and modes).
Old 10-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 3

I could never get into Head Coach as a game itself. But I wish they'd implement elements from that game into the current Madden series a lot more than they claim to do.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #19
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think just because they are "RPG elements" they have to be unrealistic. Like people would consider MyGM has a bunch of "RPG elements" but its far from unrealistic. Yes, Madden has the incredibly unrealistic XP which makes people think that RPG elements means more of that.

Which just goes to show, even if they aren't lazy. Their implementation of most things is ****tty anyway.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
Rookie

Desolationmike's Arena

OVR: 0

Put me in the RPG camp, Mycareer (aside from shoddy team mate AI) is the most fun I have in sports games period. I played almost two seasons of Superstar in Madden and it was fun for awhile but the supersim issues totally ruin it, and there's a definite lack of character to superstar mode. I know it's football and you never see your players face and whatnot but imagine if they put in a detailed player creator and in superstar mode they could cut you on the sideline talking to the coaches or other players, doing press conferences and various other interactions without your helmet. It would be a huge leap forward. Before anyone says but they need to fix gameplay first, I'm quite aware of that and I agree, I just really want a more immersive superstar mode.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

This year's Madden is pretty good, but it's still the weakest representation of it's sport out of all the major ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #22
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I wouldn't say lazy. This game has a ton of changes from new camera angles to the pass rush mechanics to real time celebrations to defensive features like protect the sticks to the gauntlet mode.

I wish I could point to one thing that Tiburon could do that would make the game great again but I can't. There is just something that turns me off to playing madden despite only following the NFL for sports and enjoying video games overall.

Nothing against Tiburon but this is why the exclusive license is the worst thing to happen to gaming. They've produced the best Madden in a while, but not everyone likes their interpretation of the sport.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The call me selfish, maybe, reference was a joke from a pop song a few summers back. Call me, maybe, eh, I guess it failed.

The theme to my post was realistic NFL game play, similar to yours, with a joke thrown in.
LOL. Never. Even. Registered.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Nothing against Tiburon but this is why the exclusive license is the worst thing to happen to gaming. They've produced the best Madden in a while, but not everyone likes their interpretation of the sport.
VERY fair assessment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »