Home

Online CFM: 30 Year Old WRs Speed Dropping

This is a discussion on Online CFM: 30 Year Old WRs Speed Dropping within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Online CFM: 30 Year Old WRs Speed Dropping

am I the only one noticing that the video was made using practice mode?? that video explains nothing. Practice mode plays a lot different than a real game, ESPECIALLY the behavior of the DBs.

Look the fact is yes it is absurd how much a players speed can regress in one season...but it is also true that players can still produce when this happens. I think the regression sucks too, but I have 37 year old marques colston (speed has only dropped to 72 because he has been productive) and he gets open all day long, its crazy.

but seriously that video shows absolutely nothing...A for effort though
Old 11-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #74
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I agree that practice isn't the best way to test.

In game with predetermined routes and coverage would make for the best study on this topic, IMO.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #75
Just started!

We have same issue in my CFM. We just advanced to player resignings and the ratings too a huge dive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #76
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
am I the only one noticing that the video was made using practice mode?? that video explains nothing. Practice mode plays a lot different than a real game, ESPECIALLY the behavior of the DBs.

Look the fact is yes it is absurd how much a players speed can regress in one season...but it is also true that players can still produce when this happens. I think the regression sucks too, but I have 37 year old marques colston (speed has only dropped to 72 because he has been productive) and he gets open all day long, its crazy.

but seriously that video shows absolutely nothing...A for effort though
Actually, it shows quite a lot. I think it reiterates what you are seeing with Colston. Not sure why you felt the need to trash it when it basically shows the same thing you are noticing.

I also disagree that practice and game modes play differently. That may have been true on last gen (though some could debate that as well) but what I see in practice and in my two online CFMs is pretty similar.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 11-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #77
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I agree that practice isn't the best way to test.

In game with predetermined routes and coverage would make for the best study on this topic, IMO.
Again, I don't see much of a difference (if any) in practice mode and games in next gen and I've played and recorded dozens of hours of footage.

The thing with practice though is that you can control the variables. In a game, the CPU is going to call different plays. You would have to record dozens of games to see the same two plays run against one another enough to draw a conclusion. That would then take dozens more hours to edit and piece together. I don't think many people have that kind of time to devote to a free video to potentially wind up with the same conclusion.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 11-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

One crazy thing about regression in Madden 15 is how unpredictable it is. Carson Palmer is a great measuring stick for this. In some franchises I've seen him drop from an 86 overall to as low as a 72 in the first year. However, In other franchises I've seen him hang in there much better. I just started a Cardinals franchise (in Owner mode) and the Cards have a trainer with a crappy regression rating. At the start of the franchise I canned him and replaced him with a trainer with a "World Class" regression rating, and sure enough, in year 2 Palmer only dropeped to an 84. It'd be interesting to try again and see if that was just a fluke. This stuff could just be totally random, for all I know.

Last edited by Torgo; 11-18-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 11-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 4

Jordy Nelson had a great game against the Eagles yesterday. I seriously doubt he's going to fall of the face of the earth next season once he turns 30. 4 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD...not bad for an 'old man'.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #80
Just started!

How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
[img]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »