Home

Relocation advice

This is a discussion on Relocation advice within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Relocation advice

I have been kicking around the idea of which team I would like to relocate. I have narrowed it down to the following

Jags - They really have nothing going for them in Jags would be a hard move and rebuild but overall better for the team

Redskins - Mainly do the all the heat case over the name. Also synder just doesnt do it for me. Where this would really seem to be a complete overhaul and a move

Raiders - Time for a new change for them new place new face new everything

What are your thoughts? What team I narrowed down will be moved and become the Los angeles

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Relocation advice

Raiders, reasons? 1 you mentioned LA.

2.i personally think the skins should stay. Ridiculous from my POV

3.i like how Carr plays and he develops nicely.
4.mack will be the future of your D. Hayden isn't bad either.
5.you got 2 washed running backs. Maybe package them together to get something started in your cfm
Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

If the Washington name issue keeps sticking around, I wonder how the dev team would handle it: stay the course and ignore until the team legally changes the name, add a "Rename Team" as an option in addition to relocation/rebuilding stadium, simply open up Washington DC as an relocation choice?

I think the easy answer for relocation is the Raiders, IRL they're the team most likely to move anyway and LA is the pretty much automatic choice.

I gotta say though, I'm intrigued by the Washington choice. A fresh start from the top down would be a great idea for a less-than-realistic cfm story. For me, I would lean toward London, Mexico City, Houston, or Toronto for an NFC East team. (I like some of the Brooklyn teams, but IMO New York doesn't need a third team)

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Pro

yankees028's Arena

Im pretty torn over the Monarchs and the Crusaders

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 10-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
If the Washington name issue keeps sticking around, I wonder how the dev team would handle it: stay the course and ignore until the team legally changes the name, add a "Rename Team" as an option in addition to relocation/rebuilding stadium, simply open up Washington DC as an relocation choice?

I think the easy answer for relocation is the Raiders, IRL they're the team most likely to move anyway and LA is the pretty much automatic choice.

I gotta say though, I'm intrigued by the Washington choice. A fresh start from the top down would be a great idea for a less-than-realistic cfm story. For me, I would lean toward London, Mexico City, Houston, or Toronto for an NFC East team. (I like some of the Brooklyn teams, but IMO New York doesn't need a third team)
You mean 4th team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
I have been kicking around the idea of which team I would like to relocate. I have narrowed it down to the following

Jags - They really have nothing going for them in Jags would be a hard move and rebuild but overall better for the team

Redskins - Mainly do the all the heat case over the name. Also synder just doesnt do it for me. Where this would really seem to be a complete overhaul and a move

What are your thoughts? What team I narrowed down will be moved and become the Los angeles
I think the best shot of a team moving to LA is the Rams, especially with all trouble they are having getting a new stadium. The Raiders will either stay in Oakland or move to San Antonio (wouldn't be surprised if they already agreed on principle and waiting for the end of the year to announce it). Jaguars are going to London whether anyone likes it or not lol.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I think the best shot of a team moving to LA is the Rams, especially with all trouble they are having getting a new stadium. The Raiders will either stay in Oakland or move to San Antonio (wouldn't be surprised if they already agreed on principle and waiting for the end of the year to announce it). Jaguars are going to London whether anyone likes it or not lol.
And yet neither of those moves you seem so certain of are known or have been confirmed. No need to be masking speculation as fact.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028

On M25, when I moved somebody to London, either the Chargers or Jaguars, I renamed them the Monarchs, simply due to my World League nostalgia.

On one CFM I played in 25, I moved the Jags to Mexico City and kept the name since the jaguar was a powerful symbol of Aztec culture.

For Washington, that's where EA should've kept the create a team. In Madden 12, I thought about replacing them with a Washington Hogs team, named after the offensive line from the 80s. For 25 and 15, I would just put on the spear helmets and pretend they were renamed the "Warriors" or something like that.

For the Raiders, I usually don't play as those guys, but maybe Sacramento or Portland and keep the name? In real life, the Raiders almost moved to Portland as part of the initial AFL-NFL merger talks in the mid 1960's.

For Los Angeles, I would move the Rams back over there and keep the name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »