Home

Why is Madden missing out..

This is a discussion on Why is Madden missing out.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why is Madden missing out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SiegHeil88
The ironic thing is they had a fleshed out, single player mode before any of those games and it was actually semi-decent. You started with an apartment, then a loft, then moved up to a mansion. You could go to a tattoo parlor, you could go to a barbershop, you could audition for movies, you got endorsements, and you had your pick of agencies for representation. Why all this cool stuff was taken out is beyond a mystery to me as everything i mentioned could have been fleshed out even more on the 360/PS3 and fleshed out EVEN more on this gen. It's just another exhibit in a long line of evidence that proves this game isn't even half the game it was nearly a decade ago. And for the love of god, WHY DID THEY TAKE AWAY THAT AWESOME RADIO SHOW!
I agree with you %100 !! Getting emails, moving into the mansion etc it could have blossomed on next gen but they pretty much killed it !!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I am really enjoying CFM a lot. I love the game prep feature and feel that could be expanded upon.

I think CFM can only get better from here and adding some of these features can enhance it:

1. Injury effects week to week
2. real injury list with probable, questionable and doubtful implemented and playing your guys at your own risk with long term consequences
3. Weekly wrap up show being brought back with NFL Network presentation
4. Assistant coaches being implemented, staff management, player personality and moral management ala NBA 2K
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I am really enjoying CFM a lot. I love the game prep feature and feel that could be expanded upon.

I think CFM can only get better from here and adding some of these features can enhance it:

1. Injury effects week to week
2. real injury list with probable, questionable and doubtful implemented and playing your guys at your own risk with long term consequences
3. Weekly wrap up show being brought back with NFL Network presentation
4. Assistant coaches being implemented, staff management, player personality and moral management ala NBA 2K
I concur on ALL of that, but you forgot the biggest one of them all and that is draft class editing. Without it, and the ability to edit ratings, most CFM's just tailspin into utter nonsense that not even your most far out fan fiction novelist can replicate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

I could care less about moving into mansions n stuff. That doesnt even belong in sports games. Save that for The Sims.

DONT GET ME WRONG...I have no issues with them putting it in the game if they get everything else ironed out. But this game needs way too much work to be focusing on stuff like that.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
I could care less about moving into mansions n stuff. That doesnt even belong in sports games. Save that for The Sims.
I will probably be in the minority on this, but I think one issue with sports games these days is that they are trying to do too many things. There are too many modes and developers are spread too thin.

It might not be feasible, but I would like to see a model where EA just works on the core gameplay. And then there would be completely separate games (or apps) for the RPG element that could be integrated with the core football game. Same goes for the Dynasty aspect.....like maybe Front Office Football could be integrated? You could even have multiple developers working (and competing) on these add-ons?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »