Home

Why is Madden missing out..

This is a discussion on Why is Madden missing out.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1
Why is Madden missing out..

NBA has Riding Star.. NHL has Live the Life.. Why doesn't Madden have anything similar? Like a Path to Canton mode.. I'm over Connected Franchise.. Imagine if EA pulled their finger out and made modes similar to MyGM and MyCareer..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why is Madden missing out..

I like CFM, kind of more so now that i don't get to play quite as often as i like.

I do think there is a lot of potential for madden to do a bunch in getting more game to the user, most of my wishes are centered around being able to access your franchise via the web and control all aspects while away from your console. I don't get why they wont open it up given the fact that the game save is already on their server/online in the first place.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I've never played CFM as a player, but isn't that essentially what the mode becomes when you play as a single player? I create, or select an existing QB, and play through his career until I retire and if I good enough make the hall of fame? Similar to like I do with my coach in coach mode, or owner in owner mode?

I'm confused here, isn't it the same thing? I only briefly messed with Live the Life in the NHL series previously, and it seemed like the same concept.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I hope the role playing interactive mode never invades Madden as I have zero interest in it.

So I don't think they are missing out.

One thing that would be cool: let you create your own MUT player and you can use him with the legends.

You could level up your MUT player over time and incorporate it into the MUT process.

That way you put those RPG and MUT guys in one place and don't allocate too many resources to creating a role playing mode.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

I'd like a mode where you can possibly play with arena football teams, or a mode where you get to be more involved with your player, like locker room scenes/ house scenes/ agent scenes. Choosing your path a bit more I guess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
Rookie

The ironic thing is they had a fleshed out, single player mode before any of those games and it was actually semi-decent. You started with an apartment, then a loft, then moved up to a mansion. You could go to a tattoo parlor, you could go to a barbershop, you could audition for movies, you got endorsements, and you had your pick of agencies for representation. Why all this cool stuff was taken out is beyond a mystery to me as everything i mentioned could have been fleshed out even more on the 360/PS3 and fleshed out EVEN more on this gen. It's just another exhibit in a long line of evidence that proves this game isn't even half the game it was nearly a decade ago. And for the love of god, WHY DID THEY TAKE AWAY THAT AWESOME RADIO SHOW!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SiegHeil88
The ironic thing is they had a fleshed out, single player mode before any of those games and it was actually semi-decent. You started with an apartment, then a loft, then moved up to a mansion. You could go to a tattoo parlor, you could go to a barbershop, you could audition for movies, you got endorsements, and you had your pick of agencies for representation. Why all this cool stuff was taken out is beyond a mystery to me as everything i mentioned could have been fleshed out even more on the 360/PS3 and fleshed out EVEN more on this gen. It's just another exhibit in a long line of evidence that proves this game isn't even half the game it was nearly a decade ago. And for the love of god, WHY DID THEY TAKE AWAY THAT AWESOME RADIO SHOW!
I could tell you why, the money Is in MUT.they uses their budget to make that mode and make it better. That's where they make their real money now.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Play as a player in CFM...that is the same thing. Probably not as in depth and I have urged for years that this could be it's own stand alone game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »