Home

CPU literally cheats with hurry up offense

This is a discussion on CPU literally cheats with hurry up offense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
CPU literally cheats with hurry up offense

No time outs left and CPU just completed a 20 yard pass with literally 2 seconds left.

Hold 'O'? Hurry up to spike? Not so much.

Screen goes blank. Comes back with them magically in field goal formation in less than 1 second, they snap the ball and kick the field goal.

You have got to be kidding me. You couldn't make this up. I know it's on All Madden, but come on! This is the most blatant cheating by the A.I. I have ever seen outside of defenders magically breaking on routes before the WRs make their break and before the ball is thrown.

Anyone else experience this absurdity?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

Re: CPU literally cheats with hurry up offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
No time outs left and CPU just completed a 20 yard pass with literally 2 seconds left.

Hold 'O'? Hurry up to spike? Not so much.

Screen goes blank. Comes back with them magically in field goal formation in less than 1 second, they snap the ball and kick the field goal.

You have got to be kidding me. You couldn't make this up. I know it's on All Madden, but come on! This is the most blatant cheating by the A.I. I have ever seen outside of defenders magically breaking on routes before the WRs make their break and before the ball is thrown.

Anyone else experience this absurdity?
Never, must have glitched that blows
Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

This has happened to me 4 or 5 times on All-Madden including last years Madden. You're not alone.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

OVR: 3

Almost lost a controller over this! Happens to me on All-pro also. Anytime they can get to FG range. It has happened so much that I have learned to not "give them" the short middle with only a few seconds left any more. I used to think when they snap the ball with 5-6 seconds left and no timeouts, there is no way they can complete a pass over the middle and kick a field goal. So they need endzone or out of bounds. Not so much! Sucks cause the CPU already turns into a god during that 2 minute drill to begin with, lol.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

wutangfourever's Arena

This happened to me during an MUT game. Sadly I just laughed and said "classic Madden"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Lost a game this way, thought to myself with 5 seconds on the clock, and the computer out of time outs, there's no way they get this field goal off or have enough time to spike the ball...I win even though the computer cheated it's way into position...Nope, they didn't even kiss me first by spiking the ball, they somehow come out of the hurry up animation directly into field goal formation and kick the ball with no time gone off the clock and leave me with 1 second to finish f**king me by kicking the ball off for one last play....

I thought it was just the all madden setting, but it happens on all settings.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

This is the problem I've always had with madden. You don't play football, you run plays, and the game decides what happens when. I can tell after the first 2 plays of a drive if the computer is going to score or punt. It's all we got though.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Weirdly, I've probably played 200+ games between madden 25 nd 15, and never had this happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »