Home

The sim engine is brutal

This is a discussion on The sim engine is brutal within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
The sim engine is brutal

So I finally got around to really digging into Madden this week. The SIm Engine is rock bottom.

I simmed through week 9 last night. Broncos were 1-7 and Manning had 7 TD's and 13 interceptions. Aaron Rodgers had similar stats. Brady had 18 TD's and 16 Int's.

This is inexcusable. They had better sim stat recording in games 30 years ago on the commodore 64.

Couple that the AI QBs being brain dead even on All-Madden unless you keep their accuracy high and make them Robo QB, the complete lack of holding and other penalties, and every player feeling like they are about the same. I really see no difference between Calvin Johnson and Jeremy Ross, for example, it looks like this game may be on ebay very soon.

I might be able to live with everything else, but that brutal sim engine is inexcusable. They should really hire a team from the text based football sims to do their sim engines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The sim engine is brutal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So I finally got around to really digging into Madden this week. The SIm Engine is rock bottom.

I simmed through week 9 last night. Broncos were 1-7 and Manning had 7 TD's and 13 interceptions. Aaron Rodgers had similar stats. Brady had 18 TD's and 16 Int's.

This is inexcusable. They had better sim stat recording in games 30 years ago on the commodore 64.

Couple that the AI QBs being brain dead even on All-Madden unless you keep their accuracy high and make them Robo QB, the complete lack of holding and other penalties, and every player feeling like they are about the same. I really see no difference between Calvin Johnson and Jeremy Ross, for example, it looks like this game may be on ebay very soon.

I might be able to live with everything else, but that brutal sim engine is inexcusable. They should really hire a team from the text based football sims to do their sim engines.
Have you downloaded the latest patch for Madden 15, and are still experiencing this sim issue?

I believe for most folks the awful sim stats are no longer an issue after they downloaded the patch that EA release a couple weeks back.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
Have you downloaded the latest patch for Madden 15, and are still experiencing this sim issue?

I believe for most folks the awful sim stats are no longer an issue after they downloaded the patch that EA release a couple weeks back.
I am pretty sure I downloaded the patch. I am on PS4. What is the best way to verify the patch is installed?

Once patch is verified I will run another sim test.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm on Xbox One so I'm not familiar with how you would go about checking, but if it is similar you could go into your System Storage and look at all of your saved Madden files.

There is a user on PastaPadre's site that mentions: "If on the PS4 you can go to the downloads section of the XMB and you'll see the update file. "

I hope that helps, any PS4 users able to clarify how to ensure Title 2 patch update is installed on the PS4?
Old 10-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Just wait a few years when defensive linemen or 3-4 LB's can't sack the QB anymore in sim. In the late 2020's my league leaders in sacks hover around 8 a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Just checked Pasta Padre's website and found the list of changes.

XBOX ONE AND PS4 CHANGES
– Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
– Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode matching Online
– Added a “Slim” Play Call option................

Well I must have the patch because I use the slim play call option. So on my PS4 at least the sim engine is not working properly.

Can anyone else post their offline CFM sim stats. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Hello,

I have many complains with Sim engine but they are not as bad as yours. Before the patch, the sim engine was really similar to what you posted, but after the patch.

Pass % are really high.
Rush yds are low.
Rush avg are low

But passing sim stats are not that bad after the patch. If you have the patch try again and see if you are still having the issue.

On my test CFM P. Manning and most qb have a 80 and more rating. Manning and Brady over 100rtg.

To be honest my only and biggest issue with the game are CPU taking sacks. The rest is really enjoyable for me.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I could be wrong but I thought the patch that fixed the stats was for online CFM only?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »