Home

Confidence issues when simming

This is a discussion on Confidence issues when simming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Confidence issues when simming

Me and a couple buddies decided to do a sim league where we would sim the seasons and only do the off season stuff. Well, after 3 seasons we had to give it up because the confidence for our players was ridiculous. I had 20 players with 0 confidence, they had 15 and 12 respectively. It's not like we're bad teams either, we all are rated in the mid 80's on both offense and defense, but it seems that no matter how well we make our teams they just can't win because of the horrible confidence. Add to that the fact that confidence doesn't come back up at the beginning of each season is ridiculous, what team goes in to the season with no confidence that they can win.

Has anyone else seen these issues with the simming? To me it makes a gm/sim style franchise almost impossible.

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Confidence issues when simming

I have found that as well, especially when you are picking a low rated team to make better. I don't want to waste my game prep time on confidence as it takes far too many hours to make a difference I would prefer to use it for xp
Old 11-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
Rookie

play a presason game or 2, and just go off on em..... i know its not much of a fix, but at least if u obliterate a opposing team in the preseason that should effect your starters AND your 2nd and 3rd string players and have all of their confidence go up....

just 2 cents.

Last edited by deezycobain; 11-01-2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling fix
Old 11-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezycobain
play a presason game or 2, and just go off on em..... i know its not much of a fix, but at least if u obliterate a opposing team in the preseason that should effect your starters AND your 2nd and 3rd string players and have all of their confidence go up....

just 2 cents.
Just tried that and none of my players confidence went up. This is stupid. You would literally have to waste your game prep all year just to get a couple guys confidence up high.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #5
Rookie

This stupid feature literally broke simming games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #6
Just started!

I don't want to waste my game prep time on confidence as it takes far too many hours to make a difference
Old 11-07-2014, 04:13 AM   #7
Banned

I don't think this is really related to confidence, but I tried super simming a Rams/eagles game the other day. 15 min quarters was like too long I guess, Eagles scored literally 60+ pts every time I simmed. Ridiculous
Old 11-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
Rookie

I pretty much had the same thing happen to me. Just another example of EA not doing more than the bare minimum to get the game out the door. It's disappointing that EA doesn't pay attention to how these modes play out if played for more than one season. There are tons of examples of this in most modes. It's like they put a lot of effort into making the surface layer attractive and fun then as u go deeper into these modes you quickly see they dropped the ball. I don't think it's a bug or mistake. It's by design. You can rest assured MUT is prolly well thought out at every level. It really is disappointing that most modes are unfinished and we have know way of knowing that until we spend $60 on the game and play it only to be let down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »