Home

Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

Penalty options and sliders for offline are fine, but I'd rather them keep it out of online. NBA 2K has implented things like bad passes and "realistic" fg% and it has completely killed any competitive feel to online play. I'd hate to be playing online, stop someone on a crucial 4th and 10 just to have a pass interference called just because the game thought it needed a penalty for realism.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #10
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Just have a simulation settings for those of us that want simulation football - and have a Madden setting for those that enjoy casual.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
Rookie

CHAPEdawg45's Arena

OVR: 0
I hate to be "that guy", but I don't think EA really cares about the true representation of the sport. The crew that does is 2k sports. I think EA is really just trying to smash that casual audience and tournament demographic. At least with a 2k product, well I've thought at least, that the true essence of the sport was felt throughout the product. Yeah there's some cheesy stuff, what game doesn't have that? But they nail the little things. They even have technical fouls for calling too many time outs! I mean...c'mon.... We can't even get PASS INTERFERENCE called. The most called foul in football.... Or holding. It's a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #12
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I would AT LEAST like to see offsides, holding, and pass interference.

It sees so strange being halfway through my NFL season and I haven't either one called even one time.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4
"The popular theory is that EA doesn't have penalties called in the game because the randomness of penalties would ruin the experience for the average user. From talks I've had with Madden developers past and present, there is some credence to that being the case for the lack of actual penalties in the game."

Then they shouldn't hype this game as a 'sim' football game. And with some sliders effecting the actual amount of penalties called like facemask, I have a hard time believing this was intentional. It's been like this since NCAA 14(maybe longer), so to me it's more likely that they can't make a good football game.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #14
Rookie

CHAPEdawg45's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
"The popular theory is that EA doesn't have penalties called in the game because the randomness of penalties would ruin the experience for the average user. From talks I've had with Madden developers past and present, there is some credence to that being the case for the lack of actual penalties in the game."

Then they shouldn't hype this game as a 'sim' football game. And with some sliders effecting the actual amount of penalties called like facemask, I have a hard time believing this was intentional. It's been like this since NCAA 14(maybe longer), so to me it's more likely that they can't make a good football game.
Is it fair to question the type of talent Tiburon studios has in the bullpen? Because I think they're really weak. They haven't pumped out supreme quality since 05.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPEdawg45
I hate to be "that guy", but I don't think EA really cares about the true representation of the sport. The crew that does is 2k sports. I think EA is really just trying to smash that casual audience and tournament demographic. At least with a 2k product, well I've thought at least, that the true essence of the sport was felt throughout the product. Yeah there's some cheesy stuff, what game doesn't have that? But they nail the little things. They even have technical fouls for calling too many time outs! I mean...c'mon.... We can't even get PASS INTERFERENCE called. The most called foul in football.... Or holding. It's a joke.

I have to disagree with your thoughts on 2k. Offline is good, but anything competitive is a joke. It's unrealistic where it needs to be realistic (dunkers can dunk from anywhere) and realistic where it should allow for some unrealism that video games should (you cannot shoot better than 50% from three no matter how open your opponent leaves you just because the game wants to keep the % realistic).

But like this guy said ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Just have a simulation settings for those of us that want simulation football - and have a Madden setting for those that enjoy casual.
Sliders and options are where it's at. Offline there should be sliders (that work) for every tiny thing in the game. Online competitive modes should be competitive based on player skill, not realism, even if the game is a little arcadey. Adding penalties that you have no control over like pass interference, holding, false start in competitive modes would take away from the feeling of skill just like 2k and the fg%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 28

It's absolutely incredible to me what goes on at Tiburon. I try as hard as I can not to think very poorly of their developers, but they keep forcing me to believe otherwise. I really believe Madden is developed in the twilight zone. How hard is it to include everything the NFL allows, and give the user the option to turn anything on or off AND adjust the sensitivity? I mean, what planet are we on? It's absolutely amazing to me how a dev studio could be this inept and still be taken seriously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »