Home

Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
How often do you see the holding call? Be honest and we are talking about PS4 Xbox 1, we know that there is holding called on last gen..
Fist, I tried to tell you in your thread, there isn't holding called in Madden 15 on LG, either.

It's not NG VS LG for holding penalties.

Madden 25 and before, there was holding penalties called on the slider 53 and above on LG.

One thing is constant, some how, some way, holding has evaporated on Madden 15, on both generations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Fist, I tried to tell you in your thread, there isn't holding called in Madden 15 on LG, either.

It's not NG VS LG for holding penalties.

Madden 25 and before, there was holding penalties called on the slider 53 and above on LG.

One thing is constant, some how, some way, holding has evaporated on Madden 15, on both generations.
Well you had some guy come into another discussion claiming to have the golden copy and get holding calls all time. Turns out he had a last gen copy.

Its a really sad state of affairs that this could slip past. It would have been one of the first things I tested.

Can't have a football game without penalties and have it resemble the real thing.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Well you had some guy come into another discussion claiming to have the golden copy and get holding calls all time. Turns out he had a last gen copy.

Its a really sad state of affairs that this could slip past. It would have been one of the first things I tested.

Can't have a football game without penalties and have it resemble the real thing.
It's similar to a basketball game without fouls and going to the foul line.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's similar to a basketball game without fouls and going to the foul line.
Or a baseball game that doesn't have balls or walks. It totally takes away from the game and any realism you may be seeking.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #45
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Totally agree. I find the design of the sliders to be both perplexing and frustrating. If I increase the holding slider, it should simply make the referee call more holding calls. I am trying to imagine the design meeting at EA...."Well, if holding slider is increased, then lineman should release their blocks sooner....and the QB should get rid of the ball quicker and FG kickers should be more accurate"...What??? Stop over thinking this EA. It really shoudn't be that hard. There should be a simple formula with a probability off a holding call. Adjust that probalby by the player ratings of the O-Lineman and the defender he is blocking, and then again by the holding slider. That's it. You DON'T have to factor in the down & distance or score or "momentum" or whatever gimmick you are pushing. Keep it simple, it will work.
Just my .02 but I don't think this is by design at all, I think it is an unexpected byproduct of years and years of crappy code on top of more crappy code. At this point I don't think they have any idea how to fix any of this because they have no idea what effects what. It's too much of a mish mosh of original coding, patches, updates, attempted fixes, and who knows what else, all thrown together. I really believe the only way they will ever get any of this to work like it is supposed to is to start over from scratch. But we all know that isn't going to happen until they lose the stranglehold on the NFL license, because currently they are required to put the game out every year. As a result they will never devote the time and manpower required to rewrite the game. They would rather use those resources to add worthless "features" to the game so they can hype it for the new release. In the end that only compounds the coding issue which becomes more and more of a cluster.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Just my .02 but I don't think this is by design at all, I think it is an unexpected byproduct of years and years of crappy code on top of more crappy code. At this point I don't think they have any idea how to fix any of this because they have no idea what effects what. It's too much of a mish mosh of original coding, patches, updates, attempted fixes, and who knows what else, all thrown together. I really believe the only way they will ever get any of this to work like it is supposed to is to start over from scratch. But we all know that isn't going to happen until they lose the stranglehold on the NFL license, because currently they are required to put the game out every year. As a result they will never devote the time and manpower required to rewrite the game. They would rather use those resources to add worthless "features" to the game so they can hype it for the new release. In the end that only compounds the coding issue which becomes more and more of a cluster.
I would agree with this statement. I bet the programmers don't even know what the sliders do. They probably have a good laugh at the people who spend hours trying to tweak the sliders because most of them are broken or have unintended consequences.

But they really just want people to jump online and play. Most online players are win at all costs so as long as they have nice uniforms to look at while they are trying to glitch the other players its all good. Don't need a silly penalty standing in the way of victory.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #47
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
picking up the snark, and realizing you missed the part where i stated "solid representaion of factual statistics."

which wouldn't be hard to calculate over a given weekend, how many false starts there were this week among each team, and gather the average. a setting at 50% would garner you about ½ the average, where a setting at 100 would strive you toward in,around, or over the average.

i assure you in certain situations, pass interference for the 6th time this game would boil your blood.
What? lol I was serious. I really would want the slider to be that sensitive. I'm not saying 1 would be 1 per game. I just mean that for every click the likeness would increase. If they gave us total control everyone could make it how ever they want. Not sure how you thought I was being Snarky?
Old 11-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #48
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What? lol I was serious. I really would want the slider to be that sensitive. I'm not saying 1 would be 1 per game. I just mean that for every click the likeness would increase. If they gave us total control everyone could make it how ever they want. Not sure how you thought I was being Snarky?

LOL, you'll have to excuse me, i'm strapped with a harsh cold, i just mistook the statement is all.

:thumbs:

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »