Home

COVER 3 BUZZ

This is a discussion on COVER 3 BUZZ within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
COVER 3 BUZZ

Anyone having any luck consistently beating cover 3 buzz. Been playing a guy who runs it exclusively & it seems like a gimmicky d to run. I'm a pretty good gamer & don't like 2 call the same plays on O over & over but it's seemingly the only way to beat cover 3 buzz. I would like to hear you guys' thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: COVER 3 BUZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetne
Anyone having any luck consistently beating cover 3 buzz. Been playing a guy who runs it exclusively & it seems like a gimmicky d to run. I'm a pretty good gamer & don't like 2 call the same plays on O over & over but it's seemingly the only way to beat cover 3 buzz. I would like to hear you guys' thoughts.
You can beat cover three over the middle. The linebackers/safeties can't cover well enough so there will always be a window, even if it is small. Deep crossing routes, slants, in routes, etc.

Additionally, if there are no defensive pre-snap adjustments, curl and out routes will be open every time.

Finally, those deep thirds are one on ones with your WR. If you have a fast WR who can catch a contested ball, throw it up on a streak.

Deep ins should work against this coverage.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:04 AM   #3
Rookie

I understand how to beat it with the pass game for the most part, but the windows that you have to throw in are pretty small.

What runs have been effective for you guys??
Old 11-06-2014, 03:22 AM   #4
Banned

Beating the zone to me is just about getting time in the pocket, or rolling out. The windows may be small initially but the more time you buy the QB the windows will widen. Don't settle for the first guy who is moderately open, only throw the ball early if you're feeling some serious heat. To beat someone who runs no stop cover 3 I'd run a deep in or a 3 wide set with a deep post route for your slot reciever, or anything to match him up with LB's.

As for runs, they're only going to be rushing 4, any run should work. A lot of that depends on what formation the defense is in though.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Rookie

I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying. This is not your run of the mill cover 3. This is cover 3 buzz.

With no adjustments it takes away curl flats & if you don't make a perfect throw up the seam it gets picked off.

I can beat a regular cover 3 all day with curl-flats, slant-flats, dagger & 4 verts...but this defense is way too overpowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetne
I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying. This is not your run of the mill cover 3. This is cover 3 buzz.

With no adjustments it takes away curl flats & if you don't make a perfect throw up the seam it gets picked off.

I can beat a regular cover 3 all day with curl-flats, slant-flats, dagger & 4 verts...but this defense is way too overpowered.
Errr there's not much difference between standard cover 3 and cover 3 buzz, the only difference is he's disguising his coverages and SS starts closer to the LOS. If you know it's coming nothing is disguised and plays the same as any other cover 3.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Chud, thanks for your reply but the cover 3 buzz he plays is out of a 2 high look. For some reason the flat zones mid point the flat & the curl & screws everything up
Old 11-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Draws, flood concept, stick concept, screens and one of my favorites the switch concept.

Switch concept is what some NFL teams did to beat the Seahawk's cov 3. Outside WR does a post or dig and the slot Wr has a wheel route. Pump fake to the outside Wr by holding R1(ps4) and the corresponding icon. Sometimes the CB in deep third bites on post leaving the wheel route wide open. It takes time to develop though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »