Home

Attendance?

This is a discussion on Attendance? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5
Attendance?

Is there a place to actually see the raw attendance numbers? Basically I want to know how much my stadium holds and how many seats are being sold each week. Right now, I have no way to find out if I'm selling out or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Attendance?

Go to ticket prices and then each individual section, you can see everything you want there.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

yep, unfortunatley its not very realistic and even a 10$ increase in price during playoffs will lead to only half the stadium filling, you basically have to stay in the "good value" range even if you go undefeated and win super bowl (personal experience)
Old 11-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuk75
yep, unfortunatley its not very realistic and even a 10$ increase in price during playoffs will lead to only half the stadium filling, you basically have to stay in the "good value" range even if you go undefeated and win super bowl (personal experience)
So I'm my first season with the Saints. Finished 13-3 and have a first round bye. Your saying I shouldn't increase ticket prices for the home playoff game?
Old 11-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I tried increasing to the next level and two levels up in two seperate rounds and the championship round I upped the tickets (20 dollars more lower level, 100 more suites etc) and made 4.9m compared to the usual 10.6m in Londons stadium and it is a big market.

I don't know if having a hardcore fan base makes a difference but for playoff games raising the tickets marginally shouldve increased profits, not lead to 50,000 showing up in my 70k stadium
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuk75
I was under the impression that this was some sort of profit sharing thing. Because personally I found that it was exactly half capacity whether I increased, decreased or left them the same. I took this to meant I was selling the stadium out but had to give half of the revenue back to the league. This makes a lot of sense actually. If you look at the economics of NFL playoff games, the individual teams don't make money on the tickets. The profits are forwarded onto the league. The Merchandise sales they make a percentage and the Concessions they make a high percentage. (According to Forbes Magazine).

A big goof when it comes to the revenue is the team don't receive close to the media revenue (tv contracts) they actually would. Every NFL team makes money, mostly because of this and profit sharing initiatives in the league.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

No. Those numbers are actually attendance. You will see all of them sold if it is a sell out.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 11-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Wow. Weird. I have actually moved down my prices in playoffs (I sell out every regular season game) only to have there be half attendance. I just think it is kind of crazy that it is exactly half. Pretty weird coincidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »