Home

Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

This is a discussion on Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
. The fact that you had a 30 INT season and weren't benched as a rookie is a bit unbelievable, but in Madden it happens.
I thought I should have benched as well, believe me, I was not playing well at all. I want that realism. I wanted to know "Hey kid you aren't doing great and we are benching you." But no...I just kept starting. I think at one point I threw like 5 INTs in a single game and we were down 30+ points and I kept playing(Another flaw) Because then at least it would give me some signs that I was on the outs. Anyway back on point...

If I had continued to play this bad every year then YES by all means let me know and why would anyone pick me up. I GET THAT.

But I got better.
My stats got better. Yes I threw 60 INTs in 3 seasons, but 30 were in the 1st one. So 15 INTs in each of the next two(I really wish I had exact stats) - that shows progress.
I took us to the playoffs(when was the last time the raiders made the playoffs?)
We won the AFC championship

...that shows growth and progression with my player and team as a whole.

Flawed. - You cannot look at just one number, there are so many other factors that SHOULD be considered. And they just are not.

Like I said in the last post I am signed on as a Texan and I am doing fine 3-0 with 6TDs and 3INTs - I am curious how negotiations will go this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I thought I should have benched as well, believe me, I was not playing well at all. I want that realism. I wanted to know "Hey kid you aren't doing great and we are benching you." But no...I just kept starting. I think at one point I threw like 5 INTs in a single game and we were down 30+ points and I kept playing(Another flaw) Because then at least it would give me some signs that I was on the outs. Anyway back on point...

If I had continued to play this bad every year then YES by all means let me know and why would anyone pick me up. I GET THAT.

But I got better.
My stats got better. Yes I threw 60 INTs in 3 seasons, but 30 were in the 1st one. So 15 INTs in each of the next two(I really wish I had exact stats) - that shows progress.
I took us to the playoffs(when was the last time the raiders made the playoffs?)
We won the AFC championship

...that shows growth and progression with my player and team as a whole.

Flawed. - You cannot look at just one number, there are so many other factors that SHOULD be considered. And they just are not.

Like I said in the last post I am signed on as a Texan and I am doing fine 3-0 with 6TDs and 3INTs - I am curious how negotiations will go this time around.
There shouldn't have even been an "if I continued to play badly" that should've been it. That's the more egregious flaw in the game if anything. A backup level talent not being signed is sorta "meh" in terms of realism. I'd liken it to the punting stats more or less. A rookie performing that badly and still having a job, even more baffling a starting job, that's like Madden 2005 Jamal Lewis getting 760 carries and 2,300 yards every year bad. If that's how it works, there needs to be more opportunities to fail with "my player mode" not less.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
There shouldn't have even been an "if I continued to play badly" that should've been it. That's the more egregious flaw in the game if anything. A backup level talent not being signed is sorta "meh" in terms of realism. I'd liken it to the punting stats more or less. A rookie performing that badly and still having a job, even more baffling a starting job, that's like Madden 2005 Jamal Lewis getting 760 carries and 2,300 yards every year bad. If that's how it works, there needs to be more opportunities to fail with "my player mode" not less.
I agree on the failure if done right within the season. I have not liked since the Single Player/RPG mode came along that once you were in you were a golden child(in the idea of starting a game)...that just isn't real and I hate it. even the greats have bad games and get pulled. Or some players start out great and then just got bad.

In regards to Player CFM
Throw 3 INTs and team is down...benched for the game but get to start next game.

Throw 3 INTs a game the next "X" amount of games then benched until you prove yourself other wise. At that point of course some other type of proving ground game would need to be made. - I think NCAA Football 12 did something I thought was a good concept.

RB fumbles on a team that does not tolerate fumbles, benched for a series, a quarter...a game, etc.

RB has bad AVG over the course of 5 games, his carries start to get limited.

And so on based on your position. I

At The end of Seasons
I think an evaluation should be done for your player at the end of each season. Especially in the early years. Then you get an idea where you stand. Close to losing your job on a team then maybe allow it where you can restructure your contract to stay, team tries to trade you off before the contract is up, etc.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #44
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Do you think he could be able to become the coach/gm of a team and sign his QB?
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup
Do you think he could be able to become the coach/gm of a team and sign his QB?
Maybe if it were offline and I created a second controlled team. But it was online so I would to have invited another person who had the game. then maybe my guy would have been in the FA...maybe.

But I've already retired him and his destiny is gone...which brings me to another thing.

Why does any record of your player disappear once you create a new player? I know it warns you but WHY does that even happen. FLAW! - Seriously if a player does retire and you go on for another ten years any stats and information applying to the retired players should be there. I thought this was an issue back on M13 and never has changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Tell that to Tim Tebow, he won a playoff game, had a winning record and was never given a second chance after his first contract. I am not a Tebow fan in the least but he is better than most backups in the NFL and he has proven he can win and take a below average team to the playoffs. Like I said happens in the real NFL. Tell him how teams would at least give him an NFL Vet Minimum deal because he has playoff experience. He is still waiting for that deal to come. You may not agree with it or want it in your video games but it does happen to players in real life. It may not happen on the regular but it is part of the "reality of the NFL".
Dude, Tebow never took his team to the Super Bowl. Getting out of the first round of the playoffs isn't remotely comparable to making the Super Bowl. That's the first flaw in your argument. He's also NOT better than most backup QB's. I admire a lot about Tebow, but he was terribly inaccurate. He's a 47% career passer IIRC. That's awful. That's laughable. That's why he's not a QB in the NFL. Teams can't even practice or scrimmage with him properly due to his terrible inaccuracy. That was always the talk. Practice and scrimmages weren't free flowing due to his inability to hit the broad side of a barn with a football. That's a massive factor. Arguably the biggest factor but was the ridiculous media circus that followed him around. Teams didn't want that. Teams don't want the distraction. See Michael Sam this year after impressing as a pass rusher in the preseason. If he wasn't gay and subsequently had his own media circus, he would undoubtedly be on an NFL roster somewhere, if not a PS at absolute worst. Same for Tebow. If no media circus, he would've been given more of a chance as a #3 specialty QB somewhere. As it was but, you don't just get Tebow and a QB who throws the ball to the grass more than to his own guys. You get the entire media distraction with it. Also, he was given a chance by THREE (3) different teams. Broncos, then Jets, then Patriots. This guys Super Bowl QB wasn't afforded that opportunity, and he achieved more than Tebow (Super Bowl appearance) and I bet threw better than 47% (LOL). He also had multiple 4000+ passing yard seasons and a ton of TD passes. Comparing to Tebow is reaching MASSIVELY. "Don't reach young blood".
Old 11-14-2014, 01:14 AM   #47
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Maybe the dude after he won the super bowl punched his wife or something lol sorry too soon?
Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #48
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Dude, Tebow never took his team to the Super Bowl. Getting out of the first round of the playoffs isn't remotely comparable to making the Super Bowl. That's the first flaw in your argument. He's also NOT better than most backup QB's. I admire a lot about Tebow, but he was terribly inaccurate. He's a 47% career passer IIRC. That's awful. That's laughable. That's why he's not a QB in the NFL. Teams can't even practice or scrimmage with him properly due to his terrible inaccuracy. That was always the talk. Practice and scrimmages weren't free flowing due to his inability to hit the broad side of a barn with a football. That's a massive factor. Arguably the biggest factor but was the ridiculous media circus that followed him around. Teams didn't want that. Teams don't want the distraction. See Michael Sam this year after impressing as a pass rusher in the preseason. If he wasn't gay and subsequently had his own media circus, he would undoubtedly be on an NFL roster somewhere, if not a PS at absolute worst. Same for Tebow. If no media circus, he would've been given more of a chance as a #3 specialty QB somewhere. As it was but, you don't just get Tebow and a QB who throws the ball to the grass more than to his own guys. You get the entire media distraction with it. Also, he was given a chance by THREE (3) different teams. Broncos, then Jets, then Patriots. This guys Super Bowl QB wasn't afforded that opportunity, and he achieved more than Tebow (Super Bowl appearance) and I bet threw better than 47% (LOL). He also had multiple 4000+ passing yard seasons and a ton of TD passes. Comparing to Tebow is reaching MASSIVELY. "Don't reach young blood".
Young Blood lol, I am probably older than you but nice try. I am not even a Tebow fan. But to say he isn't better than some of the horrible backups (and starting QB's) in today's NFL is laughable at best. I would take him over Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. Your right there is no comparison to Tebow, Tebow as bad as he was never threw 30 int's in one season. He didn't even throw that many in his entire career, he had 9. It is a MASSIVE reach because that's how bad the OP's QB was. Hate to break it to you but a Super Bowl Appearance matters very little when you don't actually win it. We don't even know if he was the reason the team went to the SB or he was a Trent Dilfer type who rode a great team there but did very little on his own. Speaking of Dilfer he won a SB and was on a new team the next year as a backup. That's how little a SB appearance means if you are not a good QB. He was a SB winning QB and not a single team even offered him a starting job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »